UMass Building Authority to Sell $265M for Lowell Campus
- MMWEC's $96 Million Sale Sets The Stage for Debt Restructuring. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p1
Focuses on Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s plan to sell variable-rate bonds to finance a tender offer that will pave the way for its debt restructuring. Goal of ridding its advance refunded debt; Opportunity to use tax-exempt financing in restructuring the balance of its debt;...
- N.Y. Issuers Dominate This Week. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;6/25/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33736, p1
The article reports on the dominance of New York issuers in the municipal bond market as of June 25, 2012. The week's largest deals from New York included a 1.1 billion dollars deal from the New York State Thruway Authority, a 1 billion dollars issue from the Metropolitan Transportation...
- Weak IDBs get help when firm is wooed by strong suitor. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;12/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30535, p7
Analyzes the impact of corporate bonds on municipal bond and industrial development bond (IDB) performance across the United States as of December 4, 1998. Customer interest in the IDB of Bay Minette, Alabama; Standard & Poor's rating on B.F. Goodrich Co.'s senior unsecured corporate debt;...
- Garvees in The Mix for $2B Project. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p1
Indiana and Kentucky officials said in the second week of June 2003 that Garvees and other municipal bonding options are likely to play a key role in financing two bridges that will be built across the Ohio River, a joint $1.9 billion project that officials expect to have final approval for this...
- A university's mission: Responding to community needs. Rahmeier, Paul W. // Education;Spring98, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p323
Features the University of Massachusetts Lowell (UML). Brief history of the university; Goals of UML; Information on the research centers and interdisciplinary councils of the university; Discussion on its programs focusing on schools.
- Lafayette Sets School Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/14/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33549, p9
The article reports on the schedule of the voting for the residents in Lafayette Parish on the proposed 20-year, 651 million dollar of general obligation bond issue to fund new schools and upgrade facilities in Louisiana.
- Statehouse Sticking Point. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/10/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33514, p9
The article reports on the reduction of the municipal bonds to finance the restoration of the state capitol in Kansas.
- LOUISIANA: School Bonds Get a Pass. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/16/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33913, p7
The article informs that voters of Louisiana have approved general obligation bonds of 135 million U.S. dollars of the state's Saint Tammany Parish Wide School District Number 12 for renovating nine schools and replacing portable buildings at six campuses.
- Bonds needed for renovation. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;2/27/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 9, pA1
The article reports on a call being made by officials of the Six Mile Regional Library District to voters to approve a 1.68- million U.S. dollars bond issue to pay for repairs and renovations of the main building at Delmar Avenue in Granite City, Illinois.