A Positive Affirmation
- FLORIDA: Palm Beach Port Goes Negative. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32510, p33
The article focuses on the ratings of Fitch Ratings Inc. for the revenue bonds of the Port of Palm Beach in Florida. It was observed that the combination of slow growth in revenues and 10% growth on average in operating expenses since the fiscal year 2000 have decreased the port's financial...
- FLORIDA: Santa Rosa Bridge on Brink. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32816, p9
The article reports on Fitch Ratings Ltd.'s (FR) rating on the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority bonds in Santa Rosa Bay, Florida. FR placed the bonds' BB-minus rating on negative watch, affecting about $116 million of outstanding revenue bonds. This action reflected year-over-year traffic...
- Fitch Cuts Las Vegas Monorail to BB, Citing Declining Ridership Figures. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p28
The article reports that Las Vegas Monorail Co. was downgraded from BBB-minus by Fitch Ratings Inc., with only half the expected ridership and diminished revenue in Nevada. The original goal of the monorail was to provide an alternative to taxis, which are notoriously impossible to hail during...
- Hempstead's Affirmation. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p31
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has assigned an AA rating to Hempstead's sale of 33.9 million dollar of public improvement bonds in the New York. Fitch said its rating reflects the town's stable and diverse economic base, sound financial operations, moderate debt levels and limited...
- Greenwood Downgrade. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32324, p31
The article reports that Fitch Ratings downgraded revenue bonds issued by the Indiana Health Facility Financing Authority for Greenwood Village South to BB-plus from BBB-minus. The downgrade resulted from a weak balance sheet, increasing debt and decreasing occupancy in the skilled nursing unit.
- Fitch Affirms Bond Insurer CIFG's Triple-A, Citing Excess Capital. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p29
Reports on the affirmation of Fitch Ratings Inc. for IXIS Financial Guaranty and its subsidiaries in the U.S. Consideration of Fitch Ratings of the excess capital of the company in granting the rating; Efforts of the company to maintain profitability; Growth of the company.
- Fitch Cuts Miami-Dade Expressway Revs to A-. // Bond Buyer;6/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31916, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. assigned an A-minus to Miami-Dade County Expressway Authority toll system refunding revenue bonds, Series 2004A, auction-rate securities. Rating on outstanding toll system revenue bonds; Rating outlook for the toll system revenue bonds.
- MISSOURI: Webster Univ. Grabs Upgrades. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/2/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32784, p9
The article reports that Missouri-based Webster University has won upgrades from two rating agencies. Fitch Ratings Ltd. raised the university's BBB-plus to A-Minus, and Moody's Investors Service Inc. raised the Baa2 to Baa1. Analysts believed that such upgrades are due to the university's...
- OHIO: OhioHealth Up to AA. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/2/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32784, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has upgraded to AA from AA-minus about $587 million outstanding revenue bonds issued by Franklin County on behalf of OhioHealth Corp. in Ohio. The agency made such decision based on the health system's strong fiscal status and market position in the...