Edward's Got a New Plan
- MIDWEST. // Modern Healthcare;8/16/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p27
Presents updates on issues and events related to the healthcare industry in the Midwestern U.S. as of August 2004. Plan of the Ohio State University Medical Center to launch its Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital in August 2004; Move by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to fire all members of the...
- Facility's replacement discouraged. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;11/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the Illinois Department of Public Health's advice against a complete replacement of Chicago's Cook County Hospital. Illinois Health Facilities and Planning Board's inability to give a positive evaluation of a $570 million replacement of the hospital; Hospital's project costs.
- NW Memorial gets nod on rebuilding. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/11/94, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p46
Reports on the approval by the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital's Streeterville rebuilding project involving the construction of a 2 million square foot replacement facility for the hospital.
- Illinois Governor Taps New Chair for Health Facilities Board. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33100, p4
The article announces that physician and activist Quentin Young has been appointed as the chairman of the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board.
- ILLINOIS: Edward Hospital Tries Again. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32678, p9
The article reports that Naperville, Illinois-based Edward Hospital officials are hoping to receive approval for a new suburban hospital in Plainfield despite the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board's past rejection of its application. Edward has proposed building a $235 million hospital...
- Illinois Board Clears Sherman's Plans For New Hospital. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32400, p35
The article reports that the application of Sherman Hospital to build a $300-million replacement hospital was approved by the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board in June 2006. Sherman is looking to construct a new hospital equipped with 255 beds which will be used as a replacement for its...
- At center of Storm, Edward thrives. Peterson, Kathryn // Crain's Chicago Business;2006 Book of Lists, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p125
The article reports that Edward Hospital in Chicago, Illinois still hopes for approval to build a 146-bed hospital in Plainfield, Illinois despite two rejections by the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board. Edward President and CEO Pamela Meyer Davis played a major role in the...
- Hospital Vote Possible. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32426, p39
The article reports on the possibility for the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board to vote for the proposal of Edward Hospital & Health Services to build a new $218 million hospital in Plainfield, Illinois. Edward has previously submitted a plan but was rejected by the board. A report...
- Ill. CON board subpoenaed. // Modern Healthcare;6/21/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the subpoenas for information received by the members of the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board from the certificate-of-need board's historic records. Information sought by the board; Decision of the government agencies involved not to comment on the issue.