Omaha Plans to Revisit Bill Increasing Its Tax Revenue Share
- Congress considers incentives for lifetime annuity income. Fraley, Jeff L. // Fort Worth Business Press;9/10/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p30
The article focuses on the fact that new personal income tax incentive for guaranteed lifetime annuity payments has been introduced in the U.S. Congress. The bill, H.R. 4849, would relieve an individual from the obligation of paying one-half of the tax liability on such payments (subject to a...
- Less paperwork for businesses. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/29/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 48, pP32
The author comments on the decision of the U.S. Congress to include regulations on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099s in the health-insurance reform bill.
- President Signs New Tax Legislation for Military Personnel. // All Hands;Aug2006, Issue 1072, p7
The article reports on the approval of President George Bush of the Heroes Earned Retirement Opportunities Act, that amends the Internal Revenue Code in the U.S.
- TAX FILE. Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Oct2002, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to extend the period for commenting on the proposal to end the mobile machinery exemption bill. Inauguration of the highway trust fund taxes; Provisions of the bill; Views of various associations on the bill.
- Illinois Lawmakers Debate Casino Bill for Education. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;11/25/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the opportunity of the Illinois lawmakers to vote on a legislative bill that would tolerate casino gambling in Chicago as a way of generating funds for education. The tax revenue from the initiative would be used to provide with sufficient funds for capital projects and...
- Stake your claim for stock relief now. // Accountancy;Apr1975, Vol. 86 Issue 980, p13
The article reports that the 1974 Finance Bill has received the Royal Assent in Great Britain. In relation to the development, stock relief claims should be submitted to the Inland Revenue. Companies which have already put in informal notice that claims will be made are required to submit the...
- EM PULSE: State & Local Tax Revenue, Q2. // Educational Marketer;10/13/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the state tax revenue and year-over-year growth in local taxes for the second quarter of 2008.
- Gainers & Big Dippers. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on a decrease in tax revenue collections in Grand Rapids, Michigan in the first quarter of 2007. The total state tax receipts for the first quarter reached $5.39 billion. Some taxes which result to revenue gains for the state are state income tax, industrial and commercial...
- Passage of Income Tax Increase is Essential to Our Entire Community. Daniels, Michael; Hayes, Chris // Outlook: Columbus;2009, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
In this article, the authors present their views on the government's proposal to increase income tax in the city of Columbus, Ohio. The government has proposed to raise the city's income tax from 2 to 2.5 percent. They claim that this increase is essential to the city's entire community as it...