Louisiana Hospital ?oes
- Merrill Rebuilds Health Care Group by Snaring Goldman, Lehman Bankers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p28
Reports the reorganization of the health care division of Merrill Lynch & Co. in Chicago. Illinois. Recruitment of bankers Kenneth Vallrugo, Joseph Hegner, Michele Vobach and Trish King; Career history of Vobach; Job responsibilities of King.
- Health Care: Merrill Sees Recovering Sector Issuing $20 Billion This Year. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p6
Reports that the U.S. health care issuers will continue to take advantage of the increased access to affordable financing through the municipal market in 2002 according to a report released by the company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Total return of the 2001 municipal health care; Outlook of the...
- Employees shouldering burden. Trager, Cara S. // Crain's New York Business;11/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p37
Focuses on employee health care at Merrill Lynch. On-site mammograms; Offering of indemnity insurance and managed care plans; Clinical management review process; Basing of employees' medical payments on salaries.
- Hawaii picks Salomon Smith Barney for hurricane debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30699, p36
Reports on Hawaii officials' reversal of the Hurricane Relief Fund's decision to award its underwriting business to Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., choosing Salomon Smith Barney Inc. instead.
- Capital gains. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;7/9/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p11
Reports on the plan of Merrill Lynch & Co. to create a private-equity healthcare fund in the United States. Value of the fund; Sources of investment for the healthcare fund.
- An Unflappable Manager, Merrill's Safreno Leads Rebound in Firm's Healthcare Banking: Tripling the unit, not giving up on services, are reasons for success. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, pN.PAG
Profiles health care banking head at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Casey Safreno. Professional background of Safreno; Health care deals undertaken by Merrill Lynch; Team building efforts undertaken by Safreno.
- Merrill to offer combined services due to surge in health care mergers. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30371, p29
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. is teaming its taxable and tax-exempt health care financing professionals in an effort to establish a `one-stop shopping' center for the financing needs that are growing out of mergers and acquisitions within the health care industry in the United States. Firm's...
- Joint venture makes use of donor-advised funds. Sberna, Robert // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p14
A new partnership between Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and The Cleveland Foundation will enable investors to combine philanthropy with their overall wealth-management plans. The Cleveland Foundation is one of about 50 community foundations throughout the U.S. that is participating in the Merrill...
- MERRILL TO BUY UP TO $12B ARS. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32936, p1
The article reports on the move of Merrill Lynch & Co. to offer to buy at par auction-rate securities (ARS) it sold to retail clients, which includes individuals, charities and small businesses in the U.S. Merrill estimates retail clients to hold an estimated $12 billion in ARS. It adds that...