Gov. Perry Urges Tax Cuts for Schools As Special Session Enters Third Day
- Texas Lawmakers Likely to Need Another Session for School Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p7
Reports on the encouragement of governor Rick Perry for legislators to take time to address the issue with public education finance in Texas. Importance of funding the children's education and providing relief for property taxpayers to the future of the state; Constitutional amendments proposed...
- Hood Riddance. Hart, Patricia Kilday // Texas Monthly;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p58
Deals with the approach of Texas Governor Rick Perry on school finance. Decline in the share of the cost of education in Texas; Political consequences of the failure to fix the problem with school finance for Perry; Reforms adopted by Perry to reduce dropout rates.
- Tax Cap Debate. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p31
Reports on the proposal of Texas Governor Rick Perry on cap on local property tax increase. School finance reform package; Reduction of homestead property appraisals; Formula for raising tax revenue.
- Texas Governor Unveils School Funding Plan. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;4/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p28
Governor Rick Perry of Texas announced a new blueprint late last week for overhauling the state's school finance system. The Republican governor's plan would pump more than $2 billion in new funding into the public schools and restructure the property-tax system so that some of that money would...
- Perry to call April 17 special session. Sterling, Ed // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);9/14/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p2
The article reports that Texas Governor Rick Perry had scheduled the third 30-day special session of the state legislature to begin on April 17, 2007. Perry said that the main job for lawmakers will be to fix the state's property tax system, which means to find alternate sources of revenue so...
- TRIVIA TEXAS. // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Sept2013, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p3
A quiz related to identifying the second-longest-serving governor by presenting a reference to governor Rick Perry in Texas is presented.
- Mindless -- but always talking loud. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/21/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p14
The article comments on Texas Governor Rick Perry's inability to speak coherently about eliminating whole departments of government during a CNBC debate and discusses the mindless denigration of government indulged by the Republicans as pointed out by former U.S. President Bill Clinton in his book.
- At second glance, Perry not as conservative as some think. Heinze, Christian // Hill;7/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 107, p14
The article provides information on the political initiatives, achievements, and background of Texas Governor Rick Perry of the Republican Party.
- A first step out of Bush's Texas-size shadow. Axtman, Kris // Christian Science Monitor;6/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 136, p3
Focuses on Governor Rick Perry of Texas, and his methods of leadership in difficult circumstances.