Housing Starts, Permits Took Plunge in March
- Building Up Anchorage. Steffens, Michelle // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul2009, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p79
The article reports on the values of residential permits in Anchorage, Alaska as of 2009. It notes that residential building permits in the region are required in the area and that permit approval is necessary for construction. It notes that the area experienced a general decline in total dollar...
- Inside Out. Medick, Michael // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;May2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p118
The article offers tips on how to maximize a lot to create cost-effective homes with outdoor space. Topics covered include the demand for indoor-outdoor flow, way to feature outdoor space that opens up the rest of the house even on a tight lot, and the importance of taking advantage of potential...
- Nonresidential market should improve in new year. Wood, Jim // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/3/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p17
Presents information on the residential and non-residential construction industry in Utah in 2004. Increase in the value of permit-authorized construction; Growth in the number of new residential units receiving building permits; Demand for new single-family homes; Value of new nonresidential...
- Building permits hit the brakes. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/10/2003, p5
Reports on the decline in building permits in the housing and non-residential sector in Canada in August 2003. Percentage decrease in the total value of permits issued; Drop of construction intentions for single and multi-family dwellings; Provinces not affected by the decline.
- Busiest home building markets. // Electrical Wholesaling;Jan1999, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p19
Lists the busiest building markets in the United States, ranked by total residential permits for the first nine months of 1998. Areas; Total number of residential permits; Change from the previous year.
- Utah construction values hit all-time high during first half. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/15/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the increasing value of construction activity in Utah. Strength in the residential sector; Number of permits issued for dwelling units; Percentage of total residential construction accounted to condominiums.
- Housing Starts Sag for Second Month. // Home Textiles Today;9/26/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p16
Reports that housing starts dropped in August 2005 in the United States. Report from the National Association of Home Builders; Performance of the apartment and condominium market; Decline in the number of building permits issued.
- Housing Starts Fall 4.5%; Permits Decline 12.0%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p2
The article reports on the decline of groundbreaking for new U.S. home construction in October 2008, according to Commerce Department data. The rate of housing starts declined by 4.5% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 791,000 units as building permits dropped 12.0% to an annual rate of...
- House approvals slow. Skefington, Robert; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;7/8/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p80
Reports that the number of building approvals for private houses granted in May 2004 in Australia, was down by 3.5 percent compared with April.