Munis Edge Up as Fed Signals End of Tightening
- Northeast Volume Little Changed in 2014. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34463, p1
Municipal bond issuance volume in the Northeast was little changed in 2014, rising 1% from 2013 volume as issuers weighed low interest rates against their ongoing fiscal challenges.
- 2015 Muni Expert Forecasts: High Demand, Rising Rates, Modest Issuance. Albano, Christine // Financial-planning.com;1/06/2014, p2
The article discusses the forecasts from several municipal experts for 2015 which range from rising rates to increased issuance. Topics include Justin Hoogendoorn, managing director at investment bank BMO Capital Markets, and his prediction on negative net supply that support valuations, Dorian...
- A Bond Market in Flux. Goodman, Josh // Governing;Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p55
The article considers the possible decline of municipal bond issuance in the U.S. in 2006. According to a forecast by the Bond Market Association, the money borrowed by state and local governments will decline in 2006. Furthermore, it is possible that refunding will decline due to the rise of...
- CREDIT RISK, CREDIT RATINGS, AND MUNICIPAL BOND YIELDS: A PANEL STUDY. Capeci, John // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p41
This paper uses a panel data set of general obligation bond issues to examine the channels through which a municipality's credit quality affects its borrowing rate. The paper considers both the direct effect of changes in credit quality on changes in borrowing rates and the indirect effect that...
- THE INTEREST FOR THE MUNICIPAL BONDS. Eugenia, Grecu // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p272
The emissions of municipal bonds are a pretty recent apparition in the evolution of the Romanian capital market. The reduced level of the local administrations available funds and the impossibility to increase the local taxes so as to get higher incomes cashed by the local budgets, impose the...
- Structural Instability in the Net Discount Rate Series Based on High Grade Municipal Bond Yields. Sen, Amit; Gelles, Gregory M.; Johnson, Walter D. // Journal of Legal Economics;Fall2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p87
Discusses the structural ability in the net discount rate series based on high grade municipal bond yields. Use of net discount rate to calculate the present value of future earnings's losses; Average difference between the nominal interest rate and the nominal rate of wage growth; Calculation...
- Munis Ride Refundings to Highest Volume Since 2010. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34463, p1
Long-term municipal bond volume ended the year with the highest yearly issuance since 2010, thanks in large part to a blistering first half of the year that saw enormous refunding volume as issuers rushed to market to take advantage of near-record-low interest rates.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p33
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 9, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields; Visible supply rises; New-issue balance; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch...
- Long-Term Muni Volume Was $34.24B in June. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p1
Presents updates related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004. Amount of long-term municipal bonds; Issuance of the bond for teh first half of 2004; Rise in interest rates in the market; Strength of the issuance of bonds.