Fargo May Have Known Of Arb Deal
- Indexes Fall as Treasury Activity Prods Arbitrage Buyers Toward Munis. Johnson, Mathew // Bond Buyer;5/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32142, p7
The article reports that all yield indexes of the periodical "The Bond Buyer" fell this week. All of the periodical's yield indexes fell this week--some to their lowest levels in years--after a roller coaster week in the Treasury market prodded arbitrage buyers towards municipals and amid heavy...
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- Cease-and-desist orders said to be on tap in Mississippi arbitrage case. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;05/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30397, p4
Reports that the US Securities Exchange Commission is expected to announce cease-and-desist orders against a number of cities and towns in the United States for suspected arbitrage bonds. Need for the full commission to vote in favor of staff recommendation and a press release; Concern of the...
- Georgia School System Working to Settle Tax Dispute with IRS. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;12/11/2014, p1
The article reports on the negotiation being made by the Cherokee County School System with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to settle a tax dispute in 2014. Topics covered include the proposal by IRS to settle the arbitrage problem in a closing agreement, the value of series 2007A and...
- Muni Prices Drop Amid Selling Pressure From Arbitrage Accounts. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32213, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the U.S. Determination of the financial pressure from arbitrage accounts and concerns about a lack of buying interest; Value of the general obligation bonds; Detail of five-year note auction.
- Strip Bonds and Arbitrage Bounds. Halpern, Paul; Rumsey, John // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p143
Features a study which compared the prices of coupon bonds to the prices of their stripped components to estimate the range within which arbitrage trades are not profitable. Ways to make arbitrage profits when the price of coupon bond differs from the sum prices of its components; Measurement...
- Forces That Shape the Yield Curve. Fisher, Mark // Economic Review (07321813);2001 1st Quarter, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p1
Presents several analytical tools for the evaluation of bond yield curves. Explanation on yield curve; Tool that allow direct application of no-arbitrage conditions; Relation between bond yields and bond prices; Effect of convexity on the average yield and the yield of the average price.
- Milwaukee County Readies $114M Of Current, Advance Refunding GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p6
Reports the $114 million bond sale of refunding general obligations by Milwaukee County. Negative arbitrage due to a decline in investment rates on State and Local Government Series; December 2002 as target date of sale; Deal with previous bonds.
- NACo study: Arbitrage compliance is excessive, costly. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30713, p4
Describes the impact of federal arbitrage rebate requirements for tax-exempt bond issuers on state and local government regulation of bonds in the United States according to a study by the National Association of Counties. Complicated and expensive regulatory burden caused by these arbitrage...