San Diego Case Gets Ugly
- Aguirre Files Suit. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p43
Reports on the civil lawsuit filed by San Diego City Attorney Michael Aguirre's office against eight individuals whose actions helped create the city's massive pension deficit. Influence of the results of the defendant's irresponsible actions on putting risk to the city's long-term ability to...
- CALIFORNIA: Aguirre Eyes Insurer Suit. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32931, p9
The article reports on the plan of city attorney Michael Aguirre to join other government attorneys in lawsuits against municipal bond insurers in California in 2008. Aguirre reveals his interest in filing a case against bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp. due to some concerns over an insurance...
- Public Misled. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p32
The article states that City Attorney Michael Aguirre of San Diego, California on January 14, 2005 released evidence that the 2002 final report of the Mayor's Blue Ribbon Committee on city finances vastly understated the severity of the city's pension fund liability by 318 percent or $215...
- Donna Frye endorses Mike Aguirre. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/14/2003, Issue 816, p57
Focuses on the endorsement of Michael Aguirre for city attorney in San Diego, California.
- Bilingual newspaper endorses Aguirre for City Attorney. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/2/2008, Issue 1084, p14
The article reports on the endorsement of Michael Aguirre as San Diego city attorney by La Prensa San Diego newspaper for the upcoming general election in California on November 4, 2008.
- CALIFORNIA: S.D. Pension Fight in Court. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32491, p37
The article reports on the court trial that will scrutinize the legality of the pension increases granted to the city employees of San Diego, California. City attorney Michael Aguirre will argue on court that the pension increases, made since 1996 is illegal and therefore must be revoked....
- Orrick Herrington to Pay San Diego $2.875M to Settle Pension Lawsuit. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/30/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32929, p24
The article reports on the decision of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP to pay $2.875 to settle a lawsuit against the city San Diego, California. The lawsuit accused Orrick of negligence for failing to discover the city's pension scandal. San Diego attorney Michael Aguirre said that he bought...
- BOND-WATCH. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p35
The article reports developments related to government bonds in the U.S. Los Angeles, California Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has argued his case for taking a large measure of authority over the state's school district. Palo Alto Unified School District's long-outstanding general obligation debt....
- City Employees Protest. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;9/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p30
Reports on the signatures gathered by the San Diego Municipal Employees Association outside City Hall as a protest to prevent City Attorney Michael Aguirre from representing employees in pension litigation in San Diego, California.