Storm Pool Seeks 1st Deal
- Covering Cat Risks. Pagoumian, David // Best's Review;Jul2013, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p90
The article presents information related to property-catastrophe insurance. It is noted that by engaging the insured and the insurance partners in dialogue and analysis, the proactive insurance professional should begin the catastrophe insurance process. It is stated that premium costs are...
- You be the Judge. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;10/31/1959, Vol. 232 Issue 18, p65
This article presents a court case an insurance company which refused to pay on grounds that water, not wind, floated the other house against a person named Harvey. Harvey's insurance covered damage by windstorm but not by water. The insurance company's attorney argued that without the water...
- P&C Industry Looks to Limit FSOC Authority. POSTAL, ARTHUR D. // National Underwriter / P&C;
The article reports that the property and casualty insurance industry in the U.S. is considering to limit the authority of the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC).
- 22 insurers sign on for Jersey Coastal Program. Niedzielski, Joe // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/25/96, Vol. 100 Issue 48, p14
Comments on the introduction of an alternative to FAIR Plan insurance coverage, via a voluntary program known as the Windstorm Market Assistance Program. Number of insurers eligible under the program; Comments from Leonard Guarini, co-chair of the program's governing committee.
- 20% of P/C claims health-related. Marley, Sara // Business Insurance;12/27/93, Vol. 27 Issue 54, p1
Presents statistics on the composition of claims paid by United States property/casualty insurers in 1992. Health-related claims as leading claims payment; Estimate of total national health care expenses; Health care-related costs of privately insured workers; State funds and self-insured...
- Genesis combines casualty coverage for a range of public entities. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Jun94, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p86
Reports on the casualty insurance policy being offered by Genesis Underwriting Management for public entities. Features of the insurance policy; Policy limits; Contact information.
- Hurricane Season is Here, Time for Disaster Preparation. // Texas Journal of Chiropractic;May/Jun2012, p22
The article offers information on how individuals can protect their finances during a disaster as the hurricane season starts in Texas on June 1, 2012. It notes the importance of developing a home inventory of their personal property so that the property will not be underinsured when they are...
- Pacific Northwest storms result in $80 million in insured losses. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;May96, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p63
Reports that according to Property Claims Services, the storm that caused major flooding in the Pacific Northwest part of the United States in early February 1996 resulted in an estimated $80 million in insured losses.
- Hurricane season opening catches very few unaware. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;5/27/96, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the preparation of risk managers for the advent of the hurricane season in 1996. Year-round contingency planning; Catastrophe plan of insured companies; Services provided for by the Industrial Risk Insurers. INSET: Tornadoes offer little warning..