Bond Bill on Hold
- Tax-Credit Debt Fades To BABs? Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p1
The article reports on the legislation being introduced in the U.S. Congress which suggests that the traditional tax-credit bonds may be substituted by bonds that offer Build America Bond (BABs)-style direct subsidies to issuers. James Polfer, chief of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)...
- Congress Passes Extenders Bill; Obama Signs Omnibus. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;12/17/2014, p16
The article reports on the passage of a bill called extenders, that extends expired bond-related and other tax provisions retroactively through 2014 and an omnibus spending bill that funds most government agencies through the end of fiscal 2015 and cuts some grant programs, by the U.S. Senate....
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33685, p4
The article offers information on various U.S. legislation related to bond markets. It mentions the House of Representative (HR) 992 called Building American Jobs Act, a bill which aims to extend Build America Bonds (BAB). It states that the HR 344: The Fiscal Responsibility Effective...
- Bill would exempt ag bonds from cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p5
Reports on the introduction of a legislation that would exempt small-issue tax-exempt bonds for agriculture projects from private-activity bond volume cap in the United States.
- Supporters hope Texas tobacco-bond bill is revived. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30626, p4
Reports on the plan to revive the Texas tobacco-bond bill. Allocation of the tobacco settlement in Texas; Funding from the bonding bill.
- Proposal to expand SIB program rejected by Senate panel. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30737, p4
Reports on the rejection of a proposal to expand the state infrastructure bond program in the United States. Addition of flexibility on how to spend federal grants; Provisions of the proposed bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31224, p4
Presents the status of bond buyer legislations in the United States. Developments on S. 677 and HR 951: Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2001; Details of HR 43: First-Time Home Ownership Made Easy Act of 2001; Legislative hearings for the S. 97 and HR 959: Eligibility of...
- N.Y.C. Set to Get Negotiated Bond Powers. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p6
Reports the legislation on negotiated bond deals in New York City, New York. Terms of the bill; Postponement of the general obligation bonds; Schedule of the bond sale.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;06/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31162, p39
Looks at the status of bond-related legislation in the 107th United States Congress. Housing Bond and Credit Modernization Fairness Act of 2001; First-Time Home Ownership Made East Act of 2001; Eligibility of Veterans for Mortgage Revenue Bond Financing; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act;...