Name Change for School
- It's About Students. // New Mexico Business Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
Provides information on the occupational job training being offered by the Albuquerque Technical Vocational Institute (TVI) two-year college in New Mexico. Courses offered by TVI; Contribution of TVI to the economic and community development in the area; Increase in the enrollment in credit...
- New name for Hawaii GSLS. Avallone, Susan // Library Journal;8/1/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the name change of the Graduate School of Library Studies at University of Hawaii.
- Expansion to Utah prompts name change for University of Southern Nevada. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/31/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, pP20
The article reports on the name change of University of Southern Nevada in Henderson to Roseman University of Health Sciences which is effective on July 1, 2011.
- EDUCATIONAL NEWS. // Education Digest;Apr1939, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p59
The article presents developments in education. Oregon's state legislature has authorized a change in name for the three normal schools. Africa is to have a college where Africans can qualify themselves to take a larger share in the government of their country. Pennsylvania's requirements for...
- WVU Social Work Program Changes Name. // State Journal (WV);7/13/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p13
The article reports on the name of West Virginia University's (WVU) Division of Social Work that was changed to the School of Social Work, effective on July 7, 2012.
- CU Name Change Draws Ire After A Close Member Vote. Ortiz, Lauralee // Credit Union Journal;11/13/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 45, p16
The article reports on key controversies relevant to the name change for the Iowa City, Iowa-based University of Iowa Community Credit Union to become Optiva CU. Members are apparently complaining against the changes further saying that the new name lacks originality and has no connection to the...
- HFCC changes name to Henry Ford College, plans to offer four-year degrees. Dado, Natasha // Arab American News;5/17/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1475, p15
The article announces that the Henry Ford Community College (HFCC) in Dearborn, Michigan has changed its name to Henry Ford College (HFC) and reports of plans to offer four-year degree courses that would not compete with the University of Michigan Dearborn.
- New Name for Ala. GSLS. DeCandido, GraceAnne A.; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;1/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p31
This article reports that the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, has changed the name of its library school from the Graduate School of Library Service to the School of Library and Information Studies. The foremost reason for the renaming was the belief that the previous name did not accurately...
- Three S.D. college libraries become university collections. // Library Journal;8/1/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p34
Reports that three state colleges in South Dakota have been named universities by the state legislature. Libraries which are affected by the name change.