Ziegler Expands Secondary Muni Trading, Moves Into Private Equity
- Diverse reaction. Walking, Neil // Money Marketing;4/30/2009, p29
In this article the author discusses the risks associated in the move of financial institutions to diversify their business operations in Great Britain. He asserts diversification in business is the strategy of firms to sustain their operation during economic crisis and to gain additional...
- Active versus passive. Anderson, Garnet // CA Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p45
Compares the advantages and disadvantages between active and passive investment strategies in the capital market. Views on the feasibility of active investment's efficiency; Assessment of the cost advantage that passive investors enjoy; Strategies in buying an active fund; Views on the factors...
- The Ziegler Companies: Charting a New Course. Mulherin, John J. // Strategic Finance;Jul2008, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p28
The article reports on Ziegler Companies Inc., an investment banking and services business which repositioned itself with the Return Driven Strategy framework. The framework was used to evaluate and develop business strategy, maximize wealth ethically, and focus on unmet customer needs....
- CAREERS, JOBS, RECRUITMENT, & LIFE IN THE BUSINESS & FINANCE WORLD II. James, Sylvia R. M. // BF Bulletin;Fall2006, Issue 133, p16
The article provides information on the human involvement in the business and finance world. There are two types of financing: equity and debt financing that most small business would prefer limited equity financing for the additional equity would mainly come from non-professional investors such...
- Water treatment firm growing from 6,000 to 112,000 square feet. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/8/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the preparations being made by Econova Inc. in line with its expansion plans. Facility bought by Econova; Business operation of Econova that would occupy most of the facility; History of Econova.
- Build a plan to take on only what you can handle. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;3/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p12
Presents a question and answer advisory on expansion planning in business. Importance of a growth model to avoid risks in expanding a business; Recommended annual growth that is both achievable and profitable; Importance of offering something different from competitors.
- A world of potential on one continent. // Finweek;4/28/2011 Ad Review Supplement, p4
The article presents information about the presence of Aegis Group PLC in Africa. With the help of its strategic planning and programs like comprehensive Consumer Connection Studies (CCS), Outdoor Consumer Surveys (OCS) and Integrated Communications Planning (ICP), Aegis has expanded by 400% in...
- Amtel invests $100m to make 20m tyres by 2006. White, Liz // European Rubber Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 186 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the expansion plans of Russian tire maker Amtel in 2004. Turnover of the company; Overview of the strategic plan of Amtel; Key objectives of the company.
- Growing the Old-Fashioned Way. Farrell, Larry // Across the Board;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p65
Suggests the adoption of old-fashioned strategy for business growth. Alternative ways for companies to grow; Smoke-and-mirrors techniques used by troubled companies to create the illusion that growth is on the way; Traditional ways to grow a business according to entrepreneur Buel Messer.