Funds Post Outflow Ahead of Tax Day
- CBOT Proposes Revamping Bond Futures Contract, Index. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p38
Reports the proposal of the Chicago Board of Trade on the re-engineering of the municipal bond futures contract. Opinion of the market participants on the proposal; Plan on the creation of bond contract; Prevention on the manipulation of the index.
- Munis Weaken in Light Trading as Treasuries Fall, New Year Begins. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p2
Reports on the impact in the increased index funds of the Institute of Supply Management on the bond market in the U.S. Weak performance of municipal bonds; Decline of treasuries of the country; Acceleration of the activity in the manufacturing sector.
- Muni Fund Outflows Shrink Despite $44 in Stock Fund Gains. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p6
Reports that municipal bond mutual fund net outflows in the United States declined in January 2004 as equity fund inflows reached more than 43 billion dollars. Decline in the popularity of the municipal bond funds; Losses incurred by municipal bond funds in February 2000; Factor attributed to...
- Money Stampedes to Muni Bond Fund Exits. Ramage, James // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p26
The article discusses the stampede from muni bond mutual bonds with recorded outflows of 1.10 billion U.S. dollars for week ended September 18, 2014. Topics discussed include the decision of the Federal Open Market Committee that there was insufficient evidence of economic strength in the latest...
- November Gave Mutual Funds Their Largest Loss in Nearly a Year. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/4/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32291, p24
The article reports that municipal bond mutual funds suffered their worst outflow in nearly a year during November, as they obscured a net $722 million. According to Washington D.C. based Investment Company Institute, the outflow marked the funds' first in April, when they lost $599 million, and...
- Weekly Reporters Gain Modest $156.88 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32342, p30
The article reports that municipal bond mutual funds gained $156.88 million in the U.S. during the week ending March 15, 2006. The four-week moving average for all municipal bond funds decreased to an inflow level of $504.24 million. Taxable bond funds earned $210 million, while equity funds...
- Rate of Muni Inflows Drops Below $100M. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32157, p7
The article reports that the U.S. municipal bond mutual fund net inflows fell as weekly reporting funds gained just $24.6 million during the week ended June 15, 2005. The net inflow followed a gain of $205.11 million the previous week and marked the first time in five weeks that inflows into...
- Municipal Funds Brought in $264 Million in March. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p6
Reports on the net flow of municipal bond mutual funds in March 2004 in the U.S. Value of the net flow; Comparison of the first quarter results in 2004 with results from the same period in 2003; Gain posted by equity funds; Increase in municipal bond redemptions after a decline in February.
- Funds Pick Up the Pace. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32334, p1
The article reports growth in the municipal mutual fund families sector in 2005 in the United States. Lipper Inc. data reveals that total municipal fund assets rose by $44.43 billion in 2005, compared with only $18.23 billion in the previous year. This is due to the fact that open-end bond funds...