Ex-OPR Head Namorato Returning to Caplin
- Former OPR chief aimed to make it visible, effective. // Accounting Today;7/24/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p5
Interviews Cono R. Namorato, former CIO of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Office of Professional Responsibility. Overview of the trend in the profession when the CIO was appointed at the office; Objectives of the plan to continue the modernization of the IRS and to enhance enforcement;...
- Nonprofits lawyer leaves IRS for law firm. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p32
Reports on Marcus Owens' resignation from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to join the law firm of Caplin and Drysdale. Owens' role in increasing IRS efforts to audit the municipal bond industry; Mark Scott's replacement of Owens; Owens' focus on tax-exempt organizations at the...
- IRS Taps Cono Namorato to Head OPR. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p3
Reports on the appointment of Cono Namorato as director of the Internal Revenue Service's Office of Professional Responsibility in the U.S. Responsibility of Namorato; Reason for Namorato's appointment; Career profile of the appointed executive.
- Clifford Gannett Likely to Be Named Director of TEB Office, Sources Say. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32403, p5
The article reports on the planned designation of Clifford Gannett to the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. He will be appointed as director of the tax-exempt bond division for the said Revenue Office as a replacement for former director W. Mark Scott. Clifford has served as senior executive...
- NEW DIRECTOR. // Practical Accountant;Feb2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p13
The article reports that Lois Lerner has been selected as the new director of the Exempt Organizations Division of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. She will be responsible for administration and enforcement of the tax laws that apply to more than 1.8 million dollars worth of tax-exempt...
- How the IRS Finds and Keeps Good Employees. Harkins, Deena; Leibowitz, Zandy; Forrer, Stephen E. // Training & Development;Apr93, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p76
Focuses on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's career development program for its employees. Strategic initiative known as ERR-1; Services offered by the counseling centers; Evaluation of the counseling program; Issues and opportunities facing the agency.
- The Mailbag. Ritter, David B. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment including the Voluntary Classification Settlement Program (VCSP) program, agreement between the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and employers, and the stipulations to be considered for the program.
- PROJECTS & PEOPLE. // Retail Traffic;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p29
Reports on career developments of executives in different firms and industries in the U.S. Employment of Gregory McDuffee as senior consultant to Bieri Co., a national real estate consulting firm; Appointment of Greg Dellfous as an assistant vice president of security and guest service for...
- Employment Calendar. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/11/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p15
A calendar of events related to employment in Michigan is presented which includes a Shifting Gears program for executives by Oakland Community College from February 16, 2010 at the Auburn Hills campus, free career-building workshops by Walsh College at the Troy campus through January 14, 2010,...