Private Equity Propels Roaring M&A Quarter
- Bad start to year for alternatives. Rice, Nick; Brennan, Henry // Fund Strategy;1/10/2011, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of Great Britain's alternatives industry, particularly fund and private equity industries.
- PE Still Outperforms. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p18
The article reports on a statement by institutional advisor Cambridge Associates that private equity continues to outperform the public markets.
- Private Equity: Changing Europe for the Better? Barber, Felix // European Business Forum;Spring2007, Issue 28, p25
The article comments on the state of the private equity (PE) market in Europe. According to the author, PE companies hold all the best cards. Advocates of PE tend to argue that while average returns are modest, the performance of the top quartile is much better and more persistent. PE does not...
- HOT OR NOT. // Asian Investor;Nov2008, p8
The article lists the 3-year performance of several Taiwan-registered equity funds including SinoPac, JF Philippine Fund, and M&G Japan Opportunities.
- Specialists shine. // Pensions & Investments;11/24/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p3
Graphs are presented on the performance of U.S. private equity funds, including the performance of funds specializing in various industrial sectors versus generalist funds, trends in specialist versus generalist fund performance for the period 2001 to 2010, and specialist versus generalist...
- Turkish Banks Play Coy with ABS. Ossa, Felipe // Private Placement Letter;5/26/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on the revision of the structured finance programs in Turkish banks. These include Akbank, Denizbank, Turkiye Garanti Bankasi, Turkiye Is Bankasi, Yapi ve Kredi Bankasi and Turkiye Vakiflar Bankasi. The banks explain that their primary purpose of revising its structured...
- Deal window begins to emerge. // Finweek;3/25/2010 Medu Capital Supplement, p12
The article focuses on the private equity industry. It states that according to Medu Capital the private equity industry is beginning to identify an opportunity as sellers increasingly become renounced to more realistic pricing of their businesses. South Africa's private equity remained in a...
- Sell Side Sees Unusually Busy Early Jan. MacInnes, Alexander // Private Placement Letter;12/19/2011, p1
The article presents information on the prospects of the private placement market in 2012. It is predicted that the market may feel a little fatigued as investors and agents may rest after a busy 2011. It is also predicted that the 2011 will end short of the 45 billion dollars, which the market...
- DEALMAKERS' DELIGHT. Kass, Arielle // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p3
The article presents information on the outlook of private equity (PE) firms in 2009. One silver lining amid the current clouds is that businesses are selling for less, which increases the likelihood of better returns down the road. Cheaper companies also give private equity firms the chance to...