Dana Asset Sales Back On Track
- Unit's sale would make Dana OE firm. Boyd, Justin // Rubber & Plastics News;12/15/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that Dana Corp. intends to sell its Automotive Aftermarket Group. The company's other three operating groups â€” Automotive Systems, Engine and Fluid Management, and Heavy Vehicle Technologies and Systems â€” all focus on the OE market, according to a Dana...
- Dana mulls use of profits from aftermarket sale. Sherefkin, Robert; Jewett, Dale // Rubber & Plastics News;4/5/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p12
Dana Corp. may recover as much as $1.15 billion from the planned sale of its automotive aftermarket business but hasn't said what it will do with the funds. Michael Burns, Dana's new CEO, declined to say what the firm will do with the proceeds of the sale but said an add-on acquisition is...
- Company profile. // Motor Age;Aug99, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p54
Reports on developments at Branford, Connecticut-based Dana Automotive Aftermarket Group one year after streamlining its operation as of August 1999. Focus on the improvement of quality and customer service; Commitment to the marketplace.
- How can it be so good and so bad? Crain, Keith // Automotive News;8/11/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6052, p12
This article focuses on information related to the automobile industry as of August 11, 2003. Car and truck choices are greater than ever before. If anybody wants performance and road holding there are more choices than ever before. If anybody wants fuel economy, safety and low emissions now is...
- Dana Corp. will shut 14 plants. // Automotive News;10/25/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5845, p38
Reports on Dana Corp.'s closure of 14 plants to reduce costs in light of the slow sales of its replacement automobile parts. Restructuring to lead to a pretax charge in the fourth quarter of 1999; Impact of the strong British pound on sales of filters, piston rings, seals and other parts.
- AUTO NEWS digest. // Automotive News;12/11/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6233, p39
The article presents news briefs related to the automobile industry. According to a recent study, Toyota automobile owners stay with the brand while buying a new vehicle. Dana Corp. has agreed to sell its underhood parts unit to German supplier Mahle GmbH. The Women's Automotive Association...
- Dana's Commercial Vehicle Parts Division Expands Focus to Meet the Needs of the Global Service Parts Market. // Fleet Equipment;May2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p17
Reports the creation of the Commercial Vehicle Service Parts Division of Dana Corp., which will focus on global commercial vehicle service parts. Employee appointments in connection to the creation of the division; Purpose of the division.
- Driven to collapse. Sell, Christopher // Engineer (00137758);4/2/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7648, p44
Reports that automobile parts supplier Dana Corp. has developed an automotive driveshaft that collapses in an accident. Features of the driveshaft technology; Safety and cost benefits offered by the system; Implications for car design.
- Dana's Magliochetti says connectivity is crucial. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News;1/22/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5913, p28
Focuses on Dana Corp. chairman Joe Magliochetti's outline of the company's vehicle development plans. Responsibilities of suppliers in vehicle assembly and design; Dana's use of a combination of trade exchanges to achieve connectivity in the supply chain; Aspects of partnerships, according to...