US Institutions Eye Brazilian Real Estate
- News. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;8/9/2014, Issue 768, p03
The article reports about rebranding of real estate company Executives Offices Group to London Executive Offices by Queensgate Investments after completing the company acquisition deal with Morgan Stanley and acquiring new office sites from City of London Corporation.
- Birth of SIICs prompts â‚¬850m portfolio deal. // Estates Gazette;11/8/2003, Issue 345, p25
Reports on the sale of the stake of Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund in a portfolio deal with FonciÃ¨re des RÃ©gions (FDR) through the help of a tax-transparent vehicle in France. Percentage of Morgan's stake in the deal; Benefits of the deal to FDR; Role of the vehicle in other deals.
- Industry should lobby for Euro-REIT, says MS. // Estates Gazette;5/25/2002, Issue 221, p56
Reports that investment bank Morgan Stanley has called for the property industry in Europe to lobby for a Euro-Real Estate Investment Trust (E-REIT). Format of REIT that can be used in European countries; Reason behind the rejection of REIT in Great Britain.
- Morgan Stanley hires Puerto Rico team. RENTAS-GIUSTI, LAURA // Caribbean Business;8/21/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 32, p41
The article focuses on the Financial Institutions Commissioner's Office report depicting the investment of 28 billion dollars in brokerage houses in Puerto Rico. It offers information on the economic and financial crisis in Puerto Rico. It offers information on the global capabilities of Morgan...
- Morgan Stanley Plans German Funds. Bloomberg News // American Banker;3/10/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 47, p11
Reports that in a bid to expand its property business in Germany, Morgan Stanley says it will offer real estate funds to investors there. Statement from the head of Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investment GMbH; Claim that Germany has about $347 billion in real estate investment funds; Details of...
- Morgan Stanley to launch â‚¬6.1bn fund. // EuroProperty;2006, p37
The article reports on Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc.'s plan to raise $6 billion in equity shares for its sixth property opportunity fund. It is noted that it would be the largest equity fund in history. The fund is named Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund VI International. It is informed that it will...
- Morgan Stanley plans to stay put. Haughney, Christine // Crain's New York Business;2/14/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
This article presents information related to Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. While chairman Phillip Purcell may be under pressure to break up Morgan Stanley, the company's top executives continue to make long-term real estate plans. The Wall Street giant renewed its lease for its investment management...
- Morgan Stanley and Pirelli beat rivals to â‚¬1bn Italian
portfolio. // EuroProperty;2003, p3
Vendor Fondiaria-SAI substantially lowered its price to seal the deal for property across Italy producing â‚¬ 46m a year. A joint venture between Italy's Pirelli & C Real Estate and Morgan Stanley & Co. has scooped the Fondiaria-SAI portfolio with a â‚¬ 1bn knockout bid, beating...
- Metro's â‚¬3bn sale is back on in Germany. // EuroProperty;2003, p5
Germany's Metro, the world's fifth biggest retailer, looks closer to finalising the sale of a â‚¬ 3bn portfolio first marketed in October 2002. Metro had put the deal on ice, citing uncertainty over possible property sales taxes proposed by the German government, but refused to specify how...