The Use of Humor in the Workplace
- Muscle Through A Confrontational Talk. // TeamWork;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
The article offers tips on how to manage and conduct confrontational conversations with team members. It mentions that it is important to avoid accusations with the help of "I" statements, which help team members understand how their actions affect team work. It states that well-placed humors...
- A Contextual Model on the Role of Management in Fostering Humor at Work. Obthani, Hadi S. S. Al; Omar, Rozeyta B.; Bakri, Norhani B. // International Journal of Business & Social Science;Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p24
This article discusses the exertion of humor at work from the managerial perspective where it was deem-accepted that humor was avoided in organizations because managers do not like it. Thus, reasons were outlaid from relevant literature and discussed for such hindrance. It was found that the...
- How to. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p13
Describes some ways to lighten up the workplace from time to time. Stress support kit; Contests; Fun names; Great job exchange.
- Eddie Murphy at the Helm. Adler, Ilya // Business Mexico;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
Discusses guidelines to improve the work environment with humor. Importance of bringing jokes into the workplace; Role of humor during organizational change; Jokes as a fundamental management tool.
- You cannot be serious! Pickard, Jane // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p34
Looks at efforts of some business enterprises in Great Britain to encourage humor in the workplace. Similarity of humor in Trifast to self-deprecating and banter found in most workplaces; Use of humor by TR Fastenings to break down tension; Efforts of Trifast to inspire innovative ideas among...
- It's no laughing matter...or is it? // Management Review;Mar83, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p51
Discusses benefits to be derived by management from humor and laughter in the workplace. Enhancement of employee confidence; Studies showing that humor can relieve tension, headaches, boredom and depression.
- fun. // Inc.;Aug2007, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p84
The article focuses on the need for business owners to incorporate fun in their work environment. It suggests that businesses can conduct cooking classes, improve training and team drumming. It notes that fun can help employees become acculturate. It states that fun can also create meaningful...
- 12 'must' management tips. Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;1/30/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Presents suggestions in managing a business organization. Significance of humor in the work environment; Questions for job applicants; Advantages of proofreading memos, financial exhibits and documents.
- fun at work: lessons from the fish market. Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Apr2001, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p7
Discusses the fundamentals of fun in the workplace. Things that most workers admit what really turns them on and gives them joy on the job; Elements which contribute to a sense of fun at work; Ways to foster fun in the workplace.