Geography and credentialism: assessment and accreditation of overseas-trained doctors
- Seasonal Adjustment. // Employment & Earnings;Jul2008, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p236
The article offers information to the adjustments made to the data on U.S. work force, levels of employment and unemployment and other measures of labor market activity which undergo sharp fluctuations due to seasonal events. It states that seasonal events follow about regular pattern each year...
- Tables. // Labour Market Trends;Aug2005, Vol. 113 Issue 8, pS1
Presents information on tabular representations which appeared in the August 2005 issue of the journal of the British Office for National Statistics. Labor market summary; Labor force survey trends; Average earnings index by main industrial sector; Claimant count area statistics.
- November 2005 assessment. Madouros, Vassilis // Labour Market Trends;Dec2005, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p467
The article provides an overview of the trends in the labor market in Great Britain as of November 2005. The employment rate of the country has increased in three months to September 2005 according to the Labour Force Survey. Jobseeker's Allowance rose in October 2005 for the ninth consecutive...
- FOUR LABOR PROGRAMS. Carver, T.N. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb19, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p344
The article discusses four labor programs in the U.S. namely the collective bargaining program, voting programs, fighting programs and the balancing-up programs. The author states that the programs aim for the improvement of the condition of the wage workers in the country. This article also...
- Introduction to the special issue. Barry, Michael; Burgess, John; Rasmussen, Erling; Wailes, Nick // New Zealand Journal of Employment Relations;Oct2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, preceding p1
The article introduces various reports published within the issue on labor market. The paper by Peter Brosnan and Iain Campbell focuses on labor market outcomes and provide understanding between economic and institutional context in shaping the outcomes. the connections between social welfare...
- LABOUR MARKET IN UKRAINE: STATE AND DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS. Batchenko, L. V.; Dielini, M. M. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Jun2011, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p157
The article considers the state of the labour market development in Ukraine, the recent changes and the factors affecting its functioning. Prospects and development trends at this market in Ukraine are determined.
- Steady Growth in the Labor Force Throughout Alaska. Roesler, Heidi Brague // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p79
Reports on the growth of the labor force in Alaska from March 2003-March 2004. Reasons behind the growth; Factors that affected labor market trends in the area; Economic implication of the labor force growth.
- People are our greatest asset: a model of real workforce development to turn rhetoric into reality. Philip, Malcolm; Lindley, Peter // Journal of Mental Health Workforce Development;May2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p37
The authors make the case for concluding that current workforce models stop short at workforce planning. These are not truly integrated approaches that take an inclusive approach to the involvement of stakeholders. Nor do current models put the service users first in terms of designing a...
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2004, p12
Provides an overview on the labor markets in the United States. Increase in nonfarm payrolls in August 2004; Increase in payroll employment; Total jobs contributed by service-providing industries; Diffusion index of employment.