The privatisation of professional knowledge in the public health care sector in China
- Slowly Taking Root. Perrett, Bradley // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/5/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 40, p74
The article discusses the business aviation (BA) industry in China as of November 2012, focusing on the Chinese government's support for the development of the BA industry, as well as an analysis of a reported increase in the number of BA facilities and aircraft management companies in China. It...
- Religious leaders ordered to be loyal in joy of Chinese rule. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 49 Issue 7/8, p4
The article reports on the order issued by the Chinese government in June 2014 for senior teachers and heads of monasteries in the Tibetan areas of Sichuan Province to be loyal to China and its communist party.
- The Ghost of Tiananmen. Powell, Bill // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/31/2008, Issue 12, p64
This essay comments on the Chinese government response to protests by Tibetan separatists in the months before the 2008 Beijing, China Olympic games. It compares the protests in Tibet and across China to those that occurred in Tienanmen Square, Beijing in 1989. One difference between the two...
- Moving from Green to Green-Gilded in China. Liu, Peggy // SB Communictions Weekly;6/21/2012, p1
The article offers the author's perspective on the plan of China to move towards green initiatives. She states that for China to achieve its plan on going green, its government structures must help drive behavior change among Chinese consumers. She adds that the central government should mandate...
- Editor's Notes. // Chinese Journal of International Politics;2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the importance of evaluating China's political power, power transitions between China and the U.S. and the efficiency of China's policy towards the U.S.
- Hong Kong's Pro-Democracy Contingent Gains Strength. // Chinascope;Jan/Feb2007, p6
The article focuses on the election victory of 114 out of 137 pro-democracy candidates for members of the Election Committee of the Chief Executive of Hong Kong, China on December 10, 2006. The pro-democracy group took control of 134 seats says the periodical "The Epoch Times." It cites the...
- Editorial. Huchet, Jean-François; Billioud, Sébastien // China Perspectives;2007, Vol. 2007 Issue 3, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including China's political nature, village elections, and the development of a social security system in China.
- Taiwan's press loosening stirs debate in China. Platt, Kevin // Christian Science Monitor;2/1/99, Vol. 91 Issue 45, p7
Reports on how many in China see the loosening of controls of reporting of news in Taiwan, a blueprint for the future of news reporting in China. How democratization in China could lead to a peaceful reunification with Taiwan; History of governmental control of the press in Taiwan; The effect...
- China Warns Dalai Lama's 'Middle Way' is Dangerous. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jan-Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 1-4, p19
The article reports on the statement issued by Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) National Committee Chairman Yu Zhengsheng regarding the middle way policy of the exile Tibetan administration in India that was being promoted by the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso.