Is it consumer or community participation? Examining the links between 'community' and 'participation'
- Conceptualizing and assessing potential for community participation: a planning method. Kroutil, Larry A.; Eng, Eugenia // Health Education Research;Sep1989, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p305
The article presents information on the measures to assess and conceptualize potential for community participation in health care programs. It has become a matter of social policy in the United States and internationally that health programs should include community participation. Either in...
- Community Participation on Health and Family Planning Programs in Bangladesh: The Role of Education and Knowledge on HFP for Plummeting Pharmaceutical Costing. Kabir, M. A.; Huq, M. N.; Al-Amin, Abul Quasem; Alam, Gazi Mahabubul // International Journal of Pharmacology;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p10
Old fashioned Community Participation (CP) in Healthcare and Family Planning Programs (HFPPs) requires a number of revisions in order to confront the challenges of 21st century. Fundamentally operating any large project likewise HFPPs requires a mammoth budget. It is thus important to have some...
- Assessing participation in a community-based health planning and services programme in Ghana. Baatiema, Leonard; Skovdal, Morten; Rifkin, Susan; Campbell, Catherine // BMC Health Services Research;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p233
Background: Community participation is increasingly seen as a pre-requisite for successful health service uptake. It is notoriously difficult to assess participation and little has been done to advance tools for the assessment of community participation. In this paper we illustrate an approach...
- Another successful Oatmeal Festival for the history books. Masterson, Marcie // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/8/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 36, p7A
The article offers news briefs in Bertram, Texas including the success of the celebration of the Oatmeal Festival, the Back to School Sack Sale in the Bertram Thrift Store from September 8 to 11, 2010, and the benefit of the rain to the brown fields in the oatmeal area.
- North end of town needs a helping hand. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;3/13/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 60, p2A
The article offers insights on how to help and develop the underdeveloped North part of the Graham City in Texas.
- LOCAL NEWS AND EVENTS. // Granite City Press-Record;1/9/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 2, pB2
This section offers news briefs from Illinois including the support earned by the 2012 Community Christmas Campaign of the United Way of Greater Saint Louis, provision of a free legal information clinic by the Third Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee and Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance...
- Hays County's DIRTY JOBS. Biundo, Jen // Free Press (Buda, TX);1/14/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 41, p1C
The article reports on several community jobs done by hard-working men and women in Hays County, Texas, including Buda Public Works Department's lift station cleaning, Kyle Parks Department's lake bed cleaning, and school cafeteria cleaning by the Hays High School Energy Management crew.
- Friendship Club needs leader. Cockerham, Peggy // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/22/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p4
The article presents the author's discussions on several upcoming activities in Clarendon, Texas.
- NOTICE OF CITY WIDE CLEAN UP DAY. // Munday Courier (TX);4/15/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p4
The article offers information on the Wide Clean Up Day in Munday, Texas.