Valeo doubles size, capacity at Mexico site
- Start-up is over --- Silicone molder settles in to new facility. // Canadian Plastics;Mar2004, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the completion of the start-up phase operations of liquid silicone injection molder Silcotech North America in 2004. Location of the new headquarters of Silcotech; History of the company; Description of a liquid silicone rubber; Growth in sales and production of the company from 2001...
- Dip Molding Makeover for the 21st Century. Harman, Jeff; Harman, Kevin // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb2000, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p31
Deals with the makeover of dip molding of plastic in the 21st Century through the use of computer technology. Advantages offered by plastic dip molding; Physical properties of the products; Range of finishes; Application of dip-molded products.
- More scope for improvement. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Jul2005, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the production of molded plastic packaging trays by Scope Machinery, the designer and manufacturer of contact heat thermoforming machines in Melbourne, Victoria. Introduction of SEW-Eurodrive servo control for two key machine functions; Improvement of ongoing running costs;...
- RESIN CASTING. Rice, Burl // Garden Railways;Feb2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p82
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making two-part mold for resin casting when building an outdoor railroad miniature.
- What's Next: In-Mold Everything. Naitove, Matt // Plastics Technology;Jul2005, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p9
Introduces the Do It All in the Mold: In-Mold Technologies for Decorating, Labeling, Finishing, and Assembly conference that will be held Columbus, Ohio from November 2 to November 3, 2005. Key features of the conference.
- Molding. // Design News;12/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p369
Lists companies in the United States engaged in molding and molding equipment. Blow; Compression; Custom; Custom injection; Elastomers; Injection; Insert molded components; Metal injection; Rotational; Systems design; Thermoforming; Thermoplastics; Thermosets; Transfer; Vacuum.
- Feature extraction from freeform molded parts for moldability analysis. Chunjie Zhang; Xionghui Zhou; Congxin Li // International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology;Jul2010, Vol. 48 Issue 1-4, p273
In the design of plastic injection molds, the depressions and protrusions (DP) preventing the removal of molded part from mold are referred to as undercuts. This paper describes an approach to recognize DP feature within the curvature region representation based on the curvature properties of...
- Car headlights get on the level. Paul, Lauren Gibbons // Design News;3/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p53
Focuses on the automatic-leveling technology for high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights for automobiles from Valeo Sylvania. Background on the problem with HID headlights; Description of how automatic-leveling technology works; Information HID light sources; Challenge in designing automatic...
- A Mouldmaker's Perspective. den Hollander, Jan Willem; van de Pasch, Ferry // Medical Device Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p42
Details a company's experience of manufacturing molds for complex molded medical products. Importance of accuracy in molding; Device specifications; Tooling designs and methods involved in the selection of fixation methods for the cores in the cavities and the material to be used for the cores.