PUNCH IT UP WITH PLASTIC!
- Standard Yarn Weight System. // Crochet World;Feb2016, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p62
A table is presented which provides information on the gauge ranges and hook sizes used for several yarn categories including lace, fine, and bulky for crocheting.
- Ways with COLOR. Smith, Marcy // Interweave Crochet;Fall2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information on several variegated yarns for crocheting including Bernat Mosaic, Lorna's Laces Shepherd and Misti Alpaca Baby Me Boo.
- CROCHET CONNECTIONS. // Crochet World;Aug2013, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p30
The article presents readers feedback and request for crochet patterns or yarn. One respondent looks for patterns from Annie's attic, particularly the 1993 Centennial collection. Another reader is in search for crochet needles sizes 12 and smaller for use with string and sewing thread. A...
- BY POST. Ryan-Anderson, Mairead; Miller, Karen // Piecework;May/Jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one about the Holly Berry Cowl designed by Karen Joan Raz in the November/December 2010 issue and one asking for information about the age and use of old wooden-handled crochet hooks.
- Crochet Questions. Thompson, Dawn // Crochet World;Feb2008, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to crochet, including the different between a 4-double crochet and a 3-double crochet filet, how to make the open spaces in a filet crochet design and how to start the chain with a 4-double filet crochet.
- CROCHET CONNECTIONS. // Crochet World;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p38
The article presents queries from readers regarding crochet patterns and yarns. A reader is looking for a pattern of the Smurf twins at 10 to 12 inches tall with yellow hair and big white hats. Another is looking for scrap yarns that can be used by the shawl ministry of her church. One reader is...
- A NOTE FROM THE EDITOR. Alexander, Carol // Crochet!;Jul2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including crochet projects like Flower-of-the-Month Pins, Retro Hemp Belt and Bruges Lace Vest & Cloche.
- HANDS ON: Recycled Sweater Bear. Marra, Joti // New Life Journal: Carolina Edition;Nov2008, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p42
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating cuddly creatures.
- Grapes and Vine Leaves. Treanor, Maire // Interweave Crochet;Mar2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p72
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating clones lace.