- Get ready for fine-tuning: telemedicine is on the way. Edlin, Mari // Managed Healthcare;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p35
Focuses on telemedicine in the United States. Projected growth by 2002; Cost of a typical telemedicine system; Major players in the telemedicine market; Efforts to integrate telemedicine in rural health care; Areas of application; Challenges in using the technology; Telemedicine software. ...
- Rural health care on the line. Malley, Mike // Ophthalmology Times;5/22/95, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
Discusses the possible impact of telemedicine on rural health care. Budget allocated by the Rural Electrification Administration to facilitate health care delivery to rural populations; Changes in doctor/patient relationship; Shortcomings of the telemedicine technology.
- IS TELEMEDICINE THE NEXT BIG THING... AGAIN? SERVELLO, SAM // SciTech Lawyer;Spring2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p3
The article focuses on the development of telemedicine and various active telemedicine projects. It mentions STARPAHC or Space Technology Applied to Rural Papago Advanced Health Care program, the earliest applications of telemedicine outside of the government. It further discusses advancement in...
- Nearly 30% of rural hospitals use telemedicine. // AHA News;3/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the expansion of specialty care in rural hospitals as shown by the survey on rural telemedicine administered by the Health Resources and Service Administration.
- Telemedicine can extend care to rural areas. // Hem/Onc Today;5/10/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p12
The article reveals the potential of telemedicine in increase the rural patient's access to care and reduce the need for trained oncologists in rural areas.
- A model for remote communities using store and forward telemedicine to reduce health care costs. Jong, Michael K.K. // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Winter2001, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p15
Features the Labrador Telemedicine Project in rural communities. Application of store and forward telemedicine technique; Reduction of health care costs; Cost of the system.
- Telemedicine: A healthcare issue coming into focus. McCue, Mike // Managed Healthcare;Nov97, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p50
Focuses on the progress of telemedicine in the United States. Use of telemedicine in extending health care delivery in rural areas; Problem with the high cost of the technology; Legislation aimed at promoting telemedicine.
- Telemedicine study: Technology soars, despite lags in policy. // Primary Care Weekly;2/19/96, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p1
Reports on a study by Abt Associates Inc. showing the boom in telemedicine in rural hospitals in the United States. Implementation and creation of telemedicine systems for patient care; Reductions in cost of telemedicine technology.
- Telemedicine. Blanton, Thomas; Balch, David C. // Futurist;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on telemedicine. Impact on health care costs; Application of telemedicine in providing health care in prisons; Consultation links with medical schools; Linking of rural hospitals with medical centers through the Internet. INSET: The doctor is digital..
- Technology Advances Rural Health. WALTER, ASHLIE // State Journal (WV);4/25/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p21
The article presents information on the efforts of the West Virginia University School of Medicine's Institute for Community and Rural Health to improve rural health care by using telemedicine.