- Plant sterols. // Reactions Weekly;6/19/2004, Issue 1006, p15
Discusses research on coagulation disorders and hemorrhage following administration of plant sterol products. Reference to a study by S. Jordan and colleagues published in the April 2004 issue of the "Canadian Adverse Reaction Newsletter"; Medical history of the patients studied; Symptoms...
- Ticlopidine and haematological reactions. // WHO Drug Information;1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p174
Reports on the adverse reactions associated with the use of the thienopyridine derivative, ticlopidine, in Canada. Hematological reactions; Recommendation that patients be counselled about early warning signs of hematological problems.
- Canadian adverse drug reaction newsletter. Wray, Claire-Marie; Sztuke-Fournier, Ann // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;07/14/98, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p80
Presents information on prescription drugs. Donepezil and its suspected adverse reactions; Olanzapine and hematological reactions; Others.
- Leflunomide: haematologic, hepatic and respiratory reactions. Loorand-Stiver, Lili; Murty, Mano // WHO Drug Information;2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p223
Reports on the efficacy of leflunomide for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Hematologic, hepatic and respiratory reactions; List of suspected adverse reactions to leflunomide.
- Canadian Adverse Drug Reaction Newsletter. Murty, Mano; McMorran, Marielle; Vu, Duc // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/10/2001, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p81
Presents information on adverse drug reactions. Health professional advisories available at the Web site from the Therapeutic Products Directorate; Possible serious adverse interaction between vaginal miconazole and warfarin; Hepatic, cardiac and hematological reactions associated with...
- Canadian Adverse Drug Reaction Newsletter. Dunlop, Heather; Siu, Karen; McMorran, Marielle // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/05/99, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p867
Reports several adverse drug reactions in Canada. How hematologic reactions associated with ticlopidine hydrochloride have caused fatalities. How ticlopidine irreversibly inhibits platelet bonding; Suspected adverse reactions of leukotriene receptor antagonist such as airway actions and other...
- Furosemide/methotrexate interaction. // Reactions Weekly;6/15/2013, Issue 1457, p20
An abstract of the article "A retrospective analysis of adverse reactions induced by high-dose methotrexate therapy in hematological malignancies," by Y. Osato and colleagues is presented.
- Assessment of hematological adverse drug reactions to antiretroviral therapy in HIV positive patients at Kasturba Hospital Manipal. Pulagam, Poornima; Rajesh, Radhakrishnan; Vidyasagar, Sudha; Varma, Danturulu Muralidhar // BMC Infectious Diseases;2012 Supplement, Vol. 12 Issue Supplment 1, p1
The article presents a study on the hematological adverse drug reactions (ADRs) associated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV positive patients in India. The authors investigate the casuality, incidence rate and severity pattern of hematological ADRs among HIV patients. The study...
- Are Plant Sterols Important to My Diet? Reeves, Rebecca S. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p68
The article explores the importance of plant sterols, or phytosterols, and their ability to reduce low density lipoprotein-cholesterol (LDL-C) levels. It reveals that scientific research indicates that an average intake of 2.15 grams of plant sterols can lower LDL-C levels by 8.8 percent and...
- Tremor Induced by Trimethoprim--Sulfamethoxazole in Patients with Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Borucki, Michael J.; Matzke, Debbie S.; Pollard, Richard B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/1/88, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p77
Studies the efficacy of the drug trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole on patients with AIDS for the treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. Development of tremor in patients after consuming the drug; Adverse neurologic reactions in normal persons; Occurrence of hematologic and dermatologic...