- This Underwear's Got Brains! Spilner, Maggie; McGinnis, Marianne // Prevention;Feb2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p84
Those lumpy, frumpy cotton long johns of yesteryear were undeniably great to sleep in. But today's long underwear will keep you warm and dry in the nastiest weather--and they're soft and sleek and feel downright sexy. They're available at local sporting goods stores or online at...
- Pack it in. // Seventeen;May99, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p142
Features several outdoor clothes and accessories. Includes an all-purpose Velcro-on sandals; Bikini; Nylon fanny pack; Tote by LeSportsac; Metallic two-piece swimsuit; Nylon hooded jacket.
- Don't Despair...Repair. NELSON, DAN A. // Backpacker;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p98
Provides information on repairing outdoor equipment that shops can and can't fix. Sleeping bags; Backpacks; Tents; Clothing.
- Packs & Bags. // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Summer2008, p109
The article evaluates several outdoor packs and bags including the Mossy Oak backpacks from Enmon, the short-term portable storage unit from Trophy Bag Cooler and the duffel bags from High Sierra.
- Active Pursuit. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p18
This article discusses trends in the sporting goods industry during 2006. The article notes that active apparel has soared in popularity during the 21st century, including quick-drying performance fabrics and performance activewear. The technology of newer fibers is highlighted, as are efforts...
- What's In Store. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p50
This article presents information on the latest running jackets as of November 2005. The Spare-O Jacket from Hind comes in men's and women's fits. The Premier Training Half-Zip from Reebok is available in men's and women's styles and is lightweight and breathable. New Balance's Verse Jacket is...
- A Lifetime of Memories. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p22
The article takes a look at the childhood of Jim Chick, owner of Chick's Sporting Goods. Chick's father founded the store and Chick would visit every Saturday and play with the fishing rods. By the time he was 12 he was an avid outdoorsman who would hunt, fish, and do archery. In 1968, at age...
- Power Play. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Mar2008, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the prospective buyers of the products manufactured by the sporting goods industry. In his view the major purchases of the sporting goods are made by the female section of the society as they are involved in various fitness activities such as yoga and Pilates. According to...
- NSGA's Answer Man. // NSGA Retail Focus;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p7
The article presents questions and answers related to the sporting goods industry and sports, including how to start video games with sport themes like PlayStation 2, the source of retro bowling shirts and the use of bicycle flags as soccer corner flags.