Play it Up
- QUESTION & ANSWER. Greene, Warren; Fredericksen, Ray // Runner's World;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p91
This article gives advice on managing problems with inserts of running shoes.
- Off-Road Stability. Apple, Kay // Muscle & Fitness Hers;Sep2004, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p34
Provides information on several trail-running shoes. Citral shoes from Teva; Premier AW DMX Trail from Reebok; adiStar Trail GCS from Adidas.
- 5 Point Plan for September: Run Right. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Sep2006, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p138
The article provides tips for the proper wearing and maintaining the appearance and quality of running shoes. Running shoes need to be replaced or the user can risk injury. A general rule of thumb is to replace them somewhere between 300 and 500 miles. But even before that, of the shoes feel...
- EQUIPMENT adjustment. // Running & FitNews;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p5
This article presents an analysis of running shoes. The author offers advice on finding the proper fit, and the amount of cushion to seek out in finding a running shoe. Advice for running shoe shopping is given, with the trial and error method given as the most effective way to find a running...
- A DIRTY DOZEN. Greene, Warren; Fredericksen, Ray // Runner's World;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p107
The article evaluates several running shoes including the Adidas Supernova, Asics Gel-Attack, Inov-8 Flyroc 310 and the Merrell Overdrive.
- YEAR OF THE JOG. Fraser, Adam // Ralph;Aug2008, p126
The article features several brands of running shoes including the adiZero Rings range of lightweight running shoes from Adidas, Gel-DS Trainer 13 from ASICS and Progrid Guide from Saucony.
- RUNNING RAMPANT. // Men's Fitness;May2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p56
The article recommends several running shoes. They include the a3 Gigaride from Adidas, the Complete Phasis III from Puma and the Adrenaline GTS 6 from Brooks.
- Performance-Enhancing Footwear. Frampton, Scott // Esquire;Aug2005, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p77
Presents information on running shoes from Spira Footwear. Disadvantages of the shoes to performance; Similarity of the footwear with other shoes; Price.
- Performance Art. Leand, Judith // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, Special Section p12
Deals with the efforts of performance footwear vendors to gain an edge with running specialty retailers and consumers as the running category continues to grow in the U.S. in 2004. Remarks from Asics vice president of marketing and communications Gary Slayton on the increasing popularity of...