- Academic view: Weighing up the risks. // Marketing (00253650);10/26/2011, p15
The author argues that sports sponsorship maybe one of the riskiest marketing strategy but a cheap way of getting the brand to many people as possible in a concentrated period of time.
- Don't let Draconian marketing rules be the Games' legacy. Davies, Russell // Campaign;7/27/2012, Issue 30, p22
The author comments on the existence of so-called totalitarian sports sponsorship restrictions in Great Britain.
- Anschutz, Murdoch set L.A. sponsorship pool. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;11/30/98, Vol. 39 Issue 45, p8
Presents news and information concerning sports sponsorships in the United States. Creation of a sports marketing venture called Fox Sports One; SciDel's virtual signage technology; Reebok's decision to eliminate standalone sports marketing departments.
- Asia Races Ahead. BUTALIA, ANAMIKA // Business Today;10/2/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p26
The article reports on the market trend for global sports advertising and sponsorships which accounted to 15 billion dollar.
- Puma to unify sports and lifestyle marketing to exploit sporting moments. Joseph, Sebastian // Marketing Week (Online Edition);12/13/2013, p12
The article offers brief information on the "Forever Faster" campaign of Puma in 2014, as it aims to unify its sportswear and lifestyle categories under a global marketing strategy which it believes will make it faster than its rivals at capitalising on culturally relevant sporting events.
- Event backers drive audience participation. Barnett, Michael // Marketing Week (01419285);1/6/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p25
The article focuses on the use of event sponsorship to communicate with consumers and promote a brand in Great Britain. The event sponsorship can be done using the traditional arrangement wherein the brand's name becomes visible within the vicinity of the event. On the other hand, sponsorship...
- Motivating Millennials to Share on Social Media. Tolia, Amish // Promotional Marketing;8/11/15, p1
The article discusses ways brands can harness the power of social media and influence marketing to tap into the Millennial market which include partnering with authoritative social influencers, sponsoring local sports teams and nonprofits, and hosting social media contests and utilizing hashtags.
- Brand athletes. Gray, Robert // Marketing (00253650);11/27/2003, p27
Using a sports star to promote a product is big business. However, if the fit is wrong or the star goes astray, it can prove disastrous. The first step is to look at the sport and ask whether it fits with your brand. Once you decide on the sport, draw up a shortlist of appropriate athletes based...
- Sponsors plan major ad drive for 'challenger' Paralympics. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);8/8/2012, p7
The article reports that sponsors are preparing to launch marketing campaigns in Great Britain to improve the profile of the Paralympic Games and British Paralympic athletes. The campaigns will be launched ahead of the Paralympic Games which will be held on August 29 to September 9, 2012. Some...