- Jump Factory in talks with shops over boot launch. // Marketing (00253650);3/28/2002, p4
Reports the plans of Jump Factory to hire its first marketing director and launching an exercise boot in Great Britain. Availability of the boots; Company operation of Jump Factory.
- On the road again. Robin, Gregor; Burfoot, Amby // Runner's World;Jun94, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p15
Reports that Mark Nenow, 36, holder of the world record for a road 10-K on a point-to-point course, has leaped back into the spotlight after several years of injuries. His January 30, 1994 second place finish in the Super Bowl Sunday 10-K at Redondo Beach; His time at the Carlsbad 5000 in...
- Game, Set, Match... Pallerino, Michael // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one related to leading retailers in sporting goods, one related to leading executives with innovative sporting products and strategies, and one related to executives growing in the sporting goods industry.
- Freestyle Boosts Brand With Two Key Hires. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p14
This article reports that the California-based Freestyle sporting goods company has hired Muriel Spoorenberg as their brand director and Will Cox as their national sales manager. The article notes that Spoorenberg has ten years of experience in the watch industry, and will help facilitate the...
- Internet becoming No. 1 recruitment tool. Dysart, Joe // NSGA Retail Focus;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p10
This article discusses the sporting goods industry. The author notes that the internet has become increasingly important for sporting good retailers, as a company's website can not only sell items, but also serve as a recruiting tool for potential employees. The article states that the internet,...
- Lane Changes. // Dealernews;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Reports on executive changes in the motorsports industry in the United States, as of February 2003. Promotion of Tony Murr to vice president of sales at Kawasaki Motors Corp.; Promotion of Joshua Garner to a position in customer service at Motorcycle Stuff's headquarters in Missouri; OMS...
- The most influential. // Golf World;2/25/2005, Vol. 58 Issue 30, p2
Lists the top ten most influential executives in sports business in the U.S. Ranks of the executives; Name of the company or league of the listed individuals.
- Survey: Execs' pay up. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/3/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 65, p10
Reports on a survey of the salaries of executives in the sporting goods industry for 1995-1996. Senior management; Middle management; Annual sales of companies polled.
- Former Galyans chief betting sports retailer will rebound. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on Plainfield-based sporting goods chain, Gaylans Sports and Outdoor. Background of the company; Executives who led Galyans; Competitors of Gaylans; Performance of the company; Contributions of sporting goods chains on the U.S. sales in the sector; Challenges facing Galyans.