- Helly Hansen poised for U.S. slalom. Goldsmith, Sarah // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/9/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 108, p33
Reports on Norwegian manufacturer, Helly Hansen's venture into the United States retail market. Projected total number of stores to be operated in the US; Factors that influence the company's decision to expand in the US; Design and fixture of the company's first store in the Newport Beach,...
- Technology talk. Roy, Sree // Display & Design Ideas;Oct2005, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p3
The article presents information on a reader survey which is intended to create a snapshot of technology as it is implemented in the store environment and to identity important industry trends for the future. The survey results reveal that customer convenience is a force driving in-store...
- NACStech Wrap-up. // Convenience Store News;7/16/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p37
The article highlights the events at the 12th annual NACStech Show in Nashville, Tennessee. The event showcased networking events, workshops and the latest technology from more than 100 vendors. Attendees were able to cast their votes for the top technology trend providers on the trade...
- Bitter pills swallow. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Sep93, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p20
Reports on developments in retail trade. Kmart's drive to postpone payment for toy shipments; Justice Department's action against lax enforcement of vertical price fixing of vendors.
- The Door Is Open. Facenda, Vanessa L. // Convenience Store News;10/16/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p236
This article highlights the business of retail trade store. Vendors are welcome to visit the company's headquarters â€” without an appointment â€” and show their wares. There are no parameters for the open-to-buy days â€” vendors can be large or small, foreign or domestic, and...
- Fast-forward planning. // PC Week;09/06/99, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p62
Editorial. Lauds vendors who appreciate the different priorities of different buyers. Need for vendors to acknowledge the buyer's role in planning the timing of technology transitions; Pace of technology developments brought on by Web time.
- Encryption products issued to improve online business. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;12/11/95, Vol. 12 Issue 49, p68
Looks at vendors racing to bring personal computers and Macintosh users improved security technologies. Information on V-One Corporation; Comments from Tim Brownell.
- Cues To Consumer Susceptibility To Salesperson Influence: Implications For Adaptive Retail Selling. Goff, Brent G.; Bellenger, Danny N.; Stojack, Carrie // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;Spring94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p25
Consumer susceptibility to salesperson influence (CSSI) is developed as a multidimensional construct and segmentation base for adaptive retail selling strategies. Differences in informational, recommendational and relational CSSJ by gender, age, and purchase pal utilization are investigated in a...
- Italian Jewelers Get Innovative At Vicenzaoro. Epiro, Stephanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/2/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 21, p11
The article reports that Italian jewelry makers have said that they are coping with the industry's downturn by putting the spotlight back on intricate workmanship, creativity and streamlined luxury. Despite the declining sales in 2008-2009, many jewelry makers insist that consumers will continue...