People and Positions
- Trailer Output Drops 46% in 2009. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted by the journal regarding the top 25 trailer manufacturers in North America, which showed that trailer shipments in 2009 fell by 46% to 78,258 units from 146,182 units in 2008. It also cites that the best performing segment of the industry...
- People and Positions. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2006, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p158
Presents an update on personnel changes in the trailer, truck and body original equipment manufacturers as of January 2006. Promotion of Doug Dunlap at Mac Trailer Manufacturing; Retirement of Don Smith of Heil Trailer International; Appointment of John R. Schaaf at the Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of...
- Hyundai Translead names CEO. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/20/2012, p5
The article announces the appointment of Kenny Lee as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Hyundai Translead in January 2012.
- Trailer output up 9.4% in 2012. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on truck trailer output in 2012. The trailer industry managed to produce 234,870 trailers in 2012, a 9.4 percent increase from 2011. Of the 25 top manufacturers, the top 6 produced 6.7 percent of the total output, indicating that the medium- and smaller-sized manufacturers...
- TRAILER FOCUS: DRY VANS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p58
The article evaluates several dry vans from leading suppliers including the HT Composite from Hyundai Translead, the VXP from Vanguard, and the Duraplate Dry Van from Wabash.
- Total industry shipments remain steady for 29 largest trailer builders. Schenck, Paul // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p2
The article reports on the stability of total industry shipments in the truck trailer manufacturing industry in North America in 2013. It mentions industry data including the 244,864 truck trailers built by the largest 29 trailer manufacturers for the year, the forecast of several of those...
- TRAILER FOCUS: REFRIGERATED. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2012, Vol. 169 Issue 5, p85
The article evaluates several refrigerated trailers with improved insulation and heat isolation including Everest CL from Great Dane Trailers, Wabash National's Arcticlite Refrigerated and Hyundai Translead's HT Thermotech.
- Trailer manufacturers up again in 2011. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the performance of the 25 largest truck trailer manufacturers for the calendar 2011 which registered an increase of 78%. It cites the van trailer producers as the most productive manufacturers having manufactured more than 3/4 of the total output by the companies that...
- People and Positions. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2006, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p92
The article presents an update on executives in the manufacturing sector. Joe Zachman was appointed as senior vice president of manufacturing at Wabash National Corp. and Ora Edwards as manager of aftermarket parts at Hyundai Translead in the truck, trailer and body original equipment...