Friedman Bestseller Propels FSG to Record 2005
- THE BRIGHT SIDE. Parker, Ian // New Yorker;11/10/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 36, p52
The article profiles the life and career of columnist and author Thomas Friedman. The article explores his ability to attract a wide readership on various geopolitical issues such as globalization and terrorism. The author focuses on his writing of a book on rising consumer consumption and...
- A Change in Terrain or a Shift in Perspective? Cutler, Ann // Journal of College Science Teaching;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p4
The article examines the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by Thomas L. Friedman. People with sufficient education can enjoy easy access to excellent jobs and rewards for their talents and hard work anywhere in the world. Barriers to economic growth are not...
- Going for the green. Blanchard, David // Logistics Today;Jul2006, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p5
The author reflects on the impact oil supply in the economy and environmental conditions of various countries. It mentions about the call to stop using oil in order to prevent global warming. It talks about the new documentary of Al Gore titled "An Inconvenient Truth" arguing for the development...
- FSG names Galassi executive v-p. Reid, Calvin; O'Brien, Maureen // Publishers Weekly;11/8/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the appointment of Jonathan Galassi as vice president of Farrar, Straus & Giroux. Professional background; Comment on his promotion and on the departure of two other executives; Other appointees.
- India Oversimplified. Fox, Steve // InfoWorld;11/27/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p6
The author comments on an unrealistic view that India is poised to economically overtake the U.S. in a short period of time, which is asserted in Thomas Friedman's work on globalization, "The World Is Flat." It is true that the city of Bangalore is prospering, however, much of the subcontinent...
- Globalization. Destefani, Jim // Products Finishing;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p6
The article shares the author's insight about globalization. He cites the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by Thomas L. Friedman, which discusses the three phases of globalization. These are Globalization 1.0, which lasted from 1492 until around 1800,...
- Laboratory 3.0. Weaver, Bill // Scientific Computing;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
The article examines the need to upgrade laboratories according to the standards of the Globalization 3.0 era discussed in the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by Thomas L. Friedman. According to Friedman, during the era, which began around 2000, citizens...
- The Flat Earth Policy. Ratnesar, Romesh // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/30/2005, Issue 21, p74
The article reviews the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by Thomas Friedman.
- The Flat Earth Policy. Ratnesar, Romesh // Time;4/18/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p153
Reviews the book "The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century," by Thomas Friedman.