AAP: Religious Books Fall; Mass Market Titles Rise in February
- AAP K-12 Sales Sluggish In October Amid Open Territory Slowdown. // Educational Marketer;12/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p6
Deals with the decrease on the sales of Association of American Publishers' K-12 sales in the United States despite open territory slowdown.
- Sales of Higher Education Materials Improve. // Educational Marketer;6/3/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p6
Reports that the net loss to college publishers improved for the month of April 2002, according to the monthly sales report from the Association of American Publishers.
- BOOK SALES TOP $3 BILLION IN 1973. // School Library Journal;Nov74, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p12
Highlights the results of 1973 annual survey conducted by the Association of American Publishers Inc. on the publishing industry in the United States. Total book sales for 1973 compared with 1972; Percentage increase in mass paperback sales; Individual categories of estimated sales in 1973;...
- China blocks U.S. rights deals. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/14/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 28, p11
Reports on concerns expressed by the Association of American Publishers to the United States Trade Representative and to the Chinese Embassy after the Chinese government seized and invalidated 35 rights contracts between the United States, the United Kingdom, and Chinese publishers. Abrupt...
- British disagree with AAP's EC rights memo. Menkes, Vivienne // Publishers Weekly;10/11/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 41, p7
Reports on the disagreement of British publishers with the Association of American Publishers' (AAP) statement on the question of territorial rights in the context of the European Single Market. Comment by Publishers Association Chief Executive Clive Bradley; Reservations disclosed by Penguin...
- AAP: Less Than Half of Trade Categories Had Positive Growth in 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2009, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the positive compound annual growth rates (CAGR) of trade categories children's/young adult (YA) paperback, adult paperback, and electronic books in the U.S. in three years ending in 2008. The Association of American Publishers (AAP) estimates that trade publishers in the...
- AAP Annual Meeting Puts Focus On California, Florida and Texas. // Educational Marketer;02/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
Reports that the Association of American Publishers' annual School Division meeting in Orlando in year 2000 is focused on how to succeed in California, Florida and Texas.
- AAP Creates New Committee For Supplemental Publishers. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p7
Reports the creation of a standing committee for supplemental publishers to identify issues for companies by the Association of American Publishers. Rationale for creation of standing committee; Optimism on the enthusiastic response of the committee members; Inclusion of supplemental materials...
- PreK-12 Textbook Sales Up 12.6% In 2005; Supplemental Sales Up 1.2%. // Educational Marketer;2/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the sales increase in PreK-12 textbooks in the U.S. According to the sales report of the Association of American Publishers, publishers of K-12 basal textbooks and supplemental materials made a great performance in 2005 which enabled them to generate net sales amounting to...