Cable 'Lost' In Disney Plans
- Russia -- Digital Economy and Digital TV -- Insights, Statistics and Analysis. // Russian Telecom;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p15
The article presents insights, statistics, and analysis of Russia's cable television (TV), terrestrial, Internet protocol TV and satellite platforms, and highlights key developments in the country's digital economy and digital TV.
- Who do you believe? // Telecom Asia;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p52
The article reports on the conflicting data gathered by some research firms such as PaidContent and SNL Kagan concerning the performance of cable television services with the introduction of internet-based television in the U.S.
- Vongo Begins to Bang Drum. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/12/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p24
Reports on the capability of video-download service Vongo to join the Internet video download competition. Details of the online service offered by Vongo; Difficulties in linking the computer to the TV; Reaction of the cable industry to the issue.
- Networks Think Outside the Box. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p20
Focuses on the use of the Internet in cable-network television programming in the U.S. Background on the broadcasting of the artistic gymnastics world championship over the Internet by World Championship Sports Network; Availability of movie titles for downloading from Starz Entertainment...
- THE WEBS. // Variety;10/09/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 8, p50
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting on the Web as of October 9, 2000. Deal of producer Rob Greenberg with WBTV; Negotiation between Regency TV executive Tracy Katsky with Gail Berman, entertainment president of the network; Audience rating of Nickelodeon on September 30, 2000.
- BC Week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/14/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p9
The article talks about the approaches used by television networks and studios towards achieving profitability in their online contents.
- VUDU OFFERED BY 1,000 CUSTOM INSTALLERS. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;10/26/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p10
The article focuses on the claim made by video-on-demand provider Vudu that more than 1,000 home installation companies offer the service. The Vudu XL set-top box, a movie player with enough hard-drive space for about 500 movies, serves as a means to provide video-on-demand. An on-demand high...
- VOD Weak Player at Upfront. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/29/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p6
The article focuses on the popularity of broadband over video-on-demand (VOD) for upfront television programs among cable television networks in the U.S. One of the factors that contribute to the lack of VOD offering is because it requires negotiation between content providers and cable...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television and telecommunication industry, as of April 17, 2006. Plan of EchoStar Communications to appeal a jury verdict that awarded TiVo Inc. $74 million in damages from the company for patent infringement; Agreement entered into by CNET with Cox...