Cable to Customers: Check's In the Mail
- In the news:. Vence, Deborah L. // Marketing News;6/15/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p3
Presents an update related to the marketing industry in the U.S. as of June 15, 2004. Appeal of MTV Networks' new cable television network aimed at gay viewers to advertisers; Concept underlying the customer rewards program of Independence Air, a low-fare airline; Increase in Internet...
- Win-Back Starts Before Customer Is Lost. Cimperman, John D. // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p53
Calls on cable television companies to enhance the customer loyalty of their subscribers in the United States as of February 19, 2001. Subscribers' reasons for leaving a cable television company; Importance of establishing a relationship with subscribers.
- How Do You Reach the 'New' King? Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;10/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 196, p4
Offers views on the importance of customer relations in media broadcasting. Recommendations for cable television networks in increasing network viewership ratings.
- El Paso, Texas. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the revenues of cable television stations in El Paso, Texas. Observations made by the BIA Financial Network; Comparison of revenue earnings; Factors contributing to the revenues.
- Systems will work harder for the money. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;06/23/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p3
States that cable systems will have to worker harder to continue to enjoy rising revenues at the local level. Comments from Kevin Barry, vice president of local ads sales at the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB); Information on the CAB Conference; Financial information on cable sales.
- Television channeling. Baker, Rose K. // American Demographics;Oct93, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p26
Presents several suggestions for cable television channels catering to unserviced markets. Crime channel; Therapy channel; Psychic friends channel; All-sports channel; Shopping channels.
- How to zip through 500 channels. Maddox, Kate // Advertising Age;6/21/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 26, p12
Reports on 500-channel world of cable television and the need to organize its vast array of programming. Customizing to fit users need; National Cable Television Association; Choosing information that should be brought to the viewer's attention; Companies vying to perform the function;...
- Creative deals for Becker. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p23
Reports the marketing plan of Paramount Domestic Television for the 'Becker' show in the U.S. Offer of four-year cap on the first off-net cycle; Commitment to off-network shows; Acceptance of weekly license fees.
- The cable modem won't sell: Cable industry lacks good customer service. Nucifora, Alf // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/21/98, Issue 322358, p4
Focuses on the approach to marketing in the cable television industry. Quality of service in the industry; Prospects for the cable modem; Technology used in cable companies; Evidences of anti-marketing in the industry.