TURNER CITED FOR ADVANCING DIVERSITY
- NAB announces AIM Award winners. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May/Jun2005, p6
Reports on the winners of the 2005 Awards for Innovation in Media announced by the National Association of Broadcasters. Winners in the content creation category; Recipients of the award in the content management category; Awardees in the content delivery category.
- Media glitz. // NZ Marketing Magazine;May2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p6
Presents the highlights of the annual Communications Agencies Association of New Zealand Media Awards held at a function in Auckland on April 6, 2005. Goal of the event; Total number of awards presented at the event; Winners of the gold trophies.
- Community dynamos serve it up. Sachet, Donna // Bay Area Reporter;3/24/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p44
Previews the GLAAD Media Awards Table Captain Party at Alexandra's Palace in California. Theme of the event; Programs and activities; Participants and guests.
- DIVERSITY IN PRACTICE AWARDS FINALIST Â· GOVERNMENT. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p15
The article discusses the contributions of the two governments in Indianapolis, Indiana that are finalists for the Diversity in Practice Award. The Marion County Public Defender Agency has put a booth at the Indiana Black Expo and launched the Hispanic Services Division to provide internal...
- Latin American ad monitoring systems planned. Zbar, Jeffrey D. // Advertising Age International;03/08/99, p32
Focuses on the plans of the Television Association of Programmers Latin America (TAPLA) and Turner Broadcasting System Inc. of Latin America to audit commercial traffic. Practice of some Latin American cable operators of substituting their own locally sold spots for commercials on regional...
- WINNING Networks and Companies. // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p28A
Enumerates the winning television networks and companies at the 2004 Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing Awards. Adelphia Communications Corp.; Cartoon Network; Cox Communications Inc.; Turner Broadcasting Inc.
- CORPORATE WINNERS. // Televisual;Sep2005, p15
Highlights the corporate winners at the 2005 Clarion Awards for mass media in Great Britain. Award received by Accenture Inc. for its focus on diversity in the workforce; Award received by New Moon for its film "Make Britain Proud" for the country's bid to host the 2012 Olympics.
- 'BLUES' MAN SALUTED FOR BODY OF WORK. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p34
Reports on the 2006 North Star Award received by actor Ruben Santiago-Hudson from the National Association for Multiethnicity in Communications. Background information about the award; Career background of Santiago-Hudson; His achievements as an actor.
- NAMIC HONORS VISION AWARDS CO-FOUNDER. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p34
Reports on the 2006 Legacy Award received by veteran TV/film producer Kyle Bowser from the National Association for Multiethnicity in Communications (NAMIC). Career background of Bowser; Remarks from NAMIC Vision Awards co-chairman Sheila Gilmore on the contributions of Bowser to the...