NAMIC HONORS VISION AWARDS CO-FOUNDER
- Col aboard Film 20. // Daily Variety;12/19/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 14, p8
Reports the membership of Deutsche Columbia Pictures and Columbia TriStar Film and TV in Film 20, a lobby association representing local producers in Berlin, Germany.
- TV caucus comes up with 14 noms for top honors. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;12/19/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 13, p2
Focuses on Caucus for Producers, Writers and Directors' list of nominees for its 18th annual awards in Beverly Hills, California on January 14, 2001. List of television writer candidates; Producers chasing laurels; Nominated directors.
- Higgs gets top nod by Oz helmers. Groves, Don // Daily Variety;8/30/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 40, p43
Reports that Amanda Higgs, co-creator and co-producer of television series "The Secret Life of Us," will receive the Australian Screen Directors Association's top award. Higgs' receipt of the Cecil Holmes memorial award; Higgs' contribution to directing.
- ONE FOR TV COMMERCIALS. // Finweek;3/27/2008, p75
The article reports on the AdReview Awards in South Africa. It states that the awards recognize business achievements in advertising in various size, regional of specialist categories. Among the new awards is the "Television commercials director of the year," which will be based on awards won...
- Producers form org. // Daily Variety;12/07/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on Poland-based film and television producers' formation of a group called the Audio-Visual Producers National Chamber of Commerce. Appointment of Darius Jablonski as president; Goal of promoting Poland as a film location to compete with Czech Republic and Hungary.
- Producers Try to Halt Individual ACTRA Deals. // Back Stage West;1/18/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p2
This article reports on the move made by the Canadian Film & Television Production Association (CFTPA) to halt the use of continuation letters individual producers signed with the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA). The deal will allow ACTRA shoots to remain...
- Ontario ups prod'n credit. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;5/20/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the Canadian government's tax incentives for film and television producers. Extension of the time a production is qualified to collect labor tax credit; Canadian Film and Television Production Association chairman Laszlo Barna's reaction to the move of the government.
- Helmers orgs slate new int'l code of standards. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;9/22/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 56, p47
Reports on the outcome of the meeting of film and television directors in Dublin, Ireland. Formation of the International Association of English Speaking Directors Organization; Aim of the group to create a code of practice to promote the role of directors in film and television; Representation...
- CANNELL ON WGA'S A-TEAM. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;11/18/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the selection of writer-producer Stephen J. Cannell as recipient of the Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award for Television by the Writers Guild of America in the U.S.