Video-on-Demand Packs a New Wallop
- Cable's Tech Leaders See Big Picture. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p123
Focuses on the issues concerning video-on-demand (VOD) and set-top box strategies of the cable industry in the U.S. Characteristics of VOD networks; Problem with asset distribution; Development of equipment for broadband communication.
- Will VOD Benefit From DVD Woes? Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p16
Discusses the implications of the decreasing sales of digital video discs (DVD) for video-on-demand (VOD) business of cable operators in the U.S. Revenue performance of DVD according to Robert Iger from Walt Disney Co.; Reasons behind the interest of media players in broadband platforms;...
- DISNEY TO BOW SUBSCRIPTION VOD SERVICE WITH FAMILY-THEMED MOVIES. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/30/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p10
The article talks about the cable-based subscription video-on-demand service entitled "Disney Family Movies" which will be offered by Walt Disney Co.
- Cable 'Lost' In Disney Plans. Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas; Farrell, Mike; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p47
Focuses on the issue concerning the decision of Walt Disney Co. to offer several hit TV programs online for free. Impact of the decision on video-on-demand services of cable operators; Reasons for the long-standing dispute between cable operators and Walt Disney; Advantages of offering video...
- Disney in Cable VOD Deal. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;11/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on a content-distribution deal announced by the Walt Disney Co. and Comcast Corp. that will make ABC TV prime-time programming and movies available for video-on-demand viewing on cable. The deal will include movies from Disney, Touchstone and Miramax. Initial movie titles...
- ESPN Broadband Ups Operator Appeal. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p14A
Analyzes the business status of ESPN Broadband, which offers video news to cable modem subscribers in the U.S., as of December 2003. Deals signed with sports-content provider including RCN; Availability of the service.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p28
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of January 20, 2003. Interoperability tests conducted by Manticom Networks between its Scorpion 4104 and SeaChange International's voice-on-demand system; Growth rate of home broadband access; Tender offer planned by Motorola...
- On Display:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Presents update on the display technology used by cable television networks in the U.S. Decision of CableLabs to use video-on demand in its broadcast application; Features of broadband video programming launched by ICTV; Partnership of BigBand and Concurrent for network-based time shifting.
- Disney net nears launch. Holdsworth, Nick // Daily Variety;4/1/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 63, p4
The article reports that Disney Channel has granted a five-year cable television (TV) license in Russia.