NBCU, Co-Op Strike a Deal
- AFFILIATION NATION. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p30
Discusses the efforts of Frank Hughes of the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to make programming affordable for small operators. Amount of money reaped by NCTC members from their collective programming purchasing cooperative, annually; Affiliation agreements of the cooperative;...
- Hallmark, Co-Op Renew. // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p127
The article reports on the renewal of contract between Hallmark Channel and National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC) in the U.S. Under the deal, Hallmark will continue to be available to the NCTC's 1,100 member companies that collectively own 5,500 individual cable systems. Henry...
- NBCU, NCTC ink new deal. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/2/2013, Vol. 317 Issue 58, p4
The article reports on the partnership of NBC Universal Inc. and National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. for the conglomerate's portfolio of cable networks as well as the retransmission for National Broadcasting Corp. (NBC) and Telemundo-owned stations.
- Co-Op's Frank Hughes, the Little Op's Pal. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p36
Interviews Frank Hughes, senior vice president of programming of National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. Battling rising programming costs; Comcast Corp.'s bid for AT&T Broadband; Consolidation among cable operators.
- NCTC Re-Ups With Comcast Wholesale. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;7/28/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p32
The article reports that the National Cable Television Cooperative agreed to a multiyear renewal of the HITS National Authorization Service with Comcast Wholesale, where the deal will render guidelines on using digital transport adapters and central management of devices using CableCard security.
- Global Capacity Forges New Cable Link. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;7/28/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p32
The article reports that the National Cable Television Cooprative approved a master service deal with cable operator Global Capacity for North American network service coverage expansion of the former and addition of One Marketplace platform into the Bandwidth Broker Desk Program of the latter.
- National Geographic lands Fox subs in TV co-op deal. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/21/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the cable television subscriber deal between United States-based cable network National Geographic Channel and the National Cable TV Co-op as of December 21, 2000. Terms of the subscriber agreement.
- NBC U inks cable pact. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/11/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the move of NBC Universal Inc. to renew USA Network and three other program services to the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC) in the U.S. NCTC senior vice president of programming Frank Hughes said that such agreement could bring operational efficiencies to...
- NCTC taps four new nets. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p70
Reports on National Cable Television Cooperative's hiring of services BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, Game Show Network, The Outdoor Channel and Ovation. Terms of the agreement; Networks' expansion activity.