New Set-Tops and Deals for SA, Motorola
- CTAM Notes. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p39
Presents news briefs related to cable television in the U.S as of July 2003. Benefit of Emmys nominations for HBO; Agreement of major multiple system operators to participate in a new program called the Cable Movers Hotline; Claims of research company C Cubed regarding the impact of ownership...
- TiVo Cuts Entry Prices. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the decrease in the cost of entry-level digital video recorders of TiVo Inc. in February 2004. Original retail price of the recorders; Reason for the move; Leasing fees charged by some cable companies for the recorders.
- All this hand-wringing over DVRs misses a key point: They can be good for cable. Cistola, Jenifer // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p44
Comments on the concerns regarding the effect of digital video recording (DVR) devices on cable television business. Security of DVR; Commercial viewing habits of DVR users; Benefits of DVR in cable television business.
- THE DARK SIDE OF NETWORK DVRs. // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p64
Reports on the potential impact of a plan by Cablevision Systems Corp. for a network digital video recorder (DVR) on the television broadcasting sector in the U.S. according to Doug Shapiro, a cable analyst at Banc of America Securities. Contribution of a network version of DVR to the...
- OPEN MIKE. Zalanick, Lauren; Fitzgerald, Greg // Broadcasting & Cable;10/17/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 42, p50
Presents letters to the editor in response to articles discussed in previous issues. "Prime Destination," which discussed the lack of hit programs on cable network Bravo; "To TiVo or Not to TiVo," which examined children's attitude toward digital video recorders.
- DVRs: The Second Coming of Digital? Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p3A
Taks about the emergence of digital video recorders (DVR) in the cable industry. Cost options for DVR; Number of DVR subscribers of Time Warner Cable; Monthly rate for DVR subscribers; Advantages of cable DVR.
- TIME AND SERVICE. Effros, Steve // CableFAX Daily;11/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 219, p4
The article comments on the ability of U.S. cable broadcasters to provide enhanced broadcasting programming services. It argues that the cable industry has enhanced the product of national television broadcasters by delivering it to customers who are not satisfied with the delivery they were...
- ME TV. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p24
Focuses on the initiatives of the cable industry to develop giant digital video recorders (DVR) for TV viewers to personalized their on-demand video service in the U.S. Technical and content rights issues associated with commercializing the recorders; Techniques in applying DVR; Cable operators...
- VOD Comes of Age. Karrfalt, Wayne // Television Week;5/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on the deployment of video-on-demand (VOD) by cable operators in the U.S. The factors that would contribute to the popularity of video-on-demand services are mentioned including the advent of digital video recorder. The reasons behind the reluctance of broadcasters to make...