New Set-Tops and Deals for SA, Motorola
- CTAM Notes. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p39
Presents news briefs related to cable television in the U.S as of July 2003. Benefit of Emmys nominations for HBO; Agreement of major multiple system operators to participate in a new program called the Cable Movers Hotline; Claims of research company C Cubed regarding the impact of ownership...
- TiVo Cuts Entry Prices. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the decrease in the cost of entry-level digital video recorders of TiVo Inc. in February 2004. Original retail price of the recorders; Reason for the move; Leasing fees charged by some cable companies for the recorders.
- All this hand-wringing over DVRs misses a key point: They can be good for cable. Cistola, Jenifer // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p44
Comments on the concerns regarding the effect of digital video recording (DVR) devices on cable television business. Security of DVR; Commercial viewing habits of DVR users; Benefits of DVR in cable television business.
- THE DARK SIDE OF NETWORK DVRs. // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p64
Reports on the potential impact of a plan by Cablevision Systems Corp. for a network digital video recorder (DVR) on the television broadcasting sector in the U.S. according to Doug Shapiro, a cable analyst at Banc of America Securities. Contribution of a network version of DVR to the...
- MACROVISION EXPANDS DVR CAPABILITIES. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;4/6/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p9
The article reports on the availability of multiroom DVR capabilities for the Passport Echo 3.5 and iGuide A28 interactive program guides of Macrovision Solutions Corp. The systems will be offered on the standardized MoCA-enabled set-top boxes of Motorola. Pausing a show in one room and resuming...
- It's Real: Cable DVRs Come of Age. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p6A
Reports on the growth of digital video recorders (DVR) in the cable industry in the U.S. in 2003. Factors that contributed to the growth of DVR players; Reasons most of the popular content on network and cable television is not available on-demand; Several cable operators that are offering DVR...
- Vendor Corner. // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p2
Provides information on Vegas, a digital video recorder product from Pace Americas. Significance of the product to cable operators rolling out digital simultrans; Features of the product.
- Comcast: OCAP Action in '07. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the plan of cable television operator Comcast Corp. to utilize Open Cable Application Platform (OCAP) for interactive television in the U.S. Comcast has partnered with television service provider TiVo Inc. for the development of digital-video recorder (DVR) application....
- Digital Services Play Nice. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;2/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p14
The article focuses on issues surrounding the use of video-on-demand (VOD) and digital video recorders (DVR) by the television broadcasting industry in the United States based on a study conducted by Leichtman Research Group. Fifteen percent of respondents said that they do not need a DVR....