Vendors Tout Next-Gen Program Guides
- Sky relaxes rules over programming. // Media Week;1/15/2008, Issue 1145, p4
The article reports that Sky has eased its new rules concerning the number of hours or original programming that channels on its platform must air. The rules say that channels listed on its electronic program guide must air at least 12 hours of original content in each seven-day period. Shopping...
- To PVR or not to PVR? // APC (Bauer Media Group);Aug2005, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p74
The article reports the coming up of an electronic program guide (EPG) service for personal video recorders (PVRs). PVRs, which record TV transmissions to a hard drive, promise a lot--not least the ability to record an entire TV series without manual programming. Until now, though, there has...
- INVASION OF THE TIMESHIFTERS. Howarth, Brad // B&T Weekly;11/25/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2545, p16
The article reports on the new media content technologies that can be used by consumers such as podcasting and hardware-based electronic program guides (EPGs). The introduction of the EPG makes the process of programming and recording easy in a way that the VCR(Video Cassette Recorder) never...
- U.S. shows heavy at Italo fest. Rooney, David // Variety;7/11/94, Vol. 355 Issue 10, p26
Reports on American television programs' participation in the 1994 Italiafiction, an independent international television festival in Salerno, Italy. Date; Italiafiction's objectives; Budget for the festival; American television programs slated to participate; Nine-member jury.
- October TX guide. // Televisual;Oct2003, p82
Presents producers guide of television shows for the month of October 2003 in Great Britain. 'Creature Comforts' shown at ITV1 every wednesday; 'Fash Football Challenge,' Bravos's first reality show every friday; 'Erioca,' a 90 minute drama which will shown at BBC2 on saturdays.
- Breaking away. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p36
Reports that Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. has issued a news release, announcing it had granted Pioneer Corp. an interactive program guide (IPG) patent license for the European market. Basis of Pioneer for licensing IPG technology when it already has an entire division that creates such...
- Gauging the Impact of IPGs. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the TV Guide on Screen Interactive Program Guide (IPG) to be installed by Nielsen Media Research in partnership with Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. as part of its study to learn more about the effect of IPG on viewing habits. Number of IPG to be installed by Nielsen; Percentage...
- NOT QUITE VEGAS. Doperalski, Dan // Variety;1/30/2012, Vol. 425 Issue 11, p35
The article discusses the special exhibition of the television program "Luck" held in Hollywood, California at Grauman's Chinese Theater.
- 2006-07 fall primetime schedule. // Daily Variety;5/22/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 36, p16
The article presents a list of primetime schedule of television programs from various networks in the U.S. including American Broadcasting Co., Twentieth Century Fox International Television, and the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.