Bewkes Lays VOD Challenge on Table
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- HBO: Reaching for the stars. Petrozzello, Donna; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p28
Presents information on Home Box Officer (HBO) cable television network, highlighting the impact its chairman Jeff Bewkes has had on the company's growth. Comments from Bewkes; Financial information on HBO; Details on some of the movies on HBO; Information on HBO's plans to implement digital...
- HBO, with 48 noms, passes nets. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;7/21/95, Vol. 338 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the success of HBO's television program strategy as evidenced by the number of Emmy nominations the company garnered. Number of nominations garnered by HBO as compared to other broadcast networks; Comments of HBO president Jeff Bewkes concerning the company.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- HBO to Launch SVOD in South Carolina. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports the launching of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services by Home Box Office (HBO) in the United States. Efforts of several companies in launching SVOD; Price range of the services; Plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to offer SVOD services.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- SWS TV show now on Outdoor Life Network! // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar99, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the Outdoor Life Network cable channel in the United States.
- NUE, MBC Unveil Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p23
Reports that United States-based cable networks Major Broadcasting Cable Network and New Urban Entertainment announced programming and distribution deals during the 2000 Western Show. Company background.
- DBS executives suddenly on defensive. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/05/97, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p61
Looks into DBS' promise of delivering cable television channels despite the financial and operational problems of the cable industry. Crisis between the merger EchoStar Communications Corp. and American Broadcasting Co.; Collapse of stock price of United States Satellite Broadcasting Inc. and...