Time Warner Eyes 'Clips' Service
- Hunting for Dollars: Local Advertisers Help Time Warner Develop Content. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p30
The article reports on the launching of local video-on-demand (VOD) content by Time Warner Cable. Last January 2005, the Rochester, New York system launched local VOD on channel 111. Then the system began dividing its local VOD content into branches. This time the Rochester system has produced...
- TIME WARNER SERVICE CUTS TO THE QUICK. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on Time Warner Cable's creation of a video-on-demand service in which advertising spots and the programming itself ca be updated easily and rapidly. The Quick Clips service gives viewers access to short-form, on-demand content from participating channels in the United States....
- New York Subs to Get Free VOD. // Multichannel News;1/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the availability of a free video-on-demand (VOD) programming from Time Warner Cable Inc. in the U.S. Features of VOD programming; Background of several customers of Time Warner that offer the system.
- It's an on-demand world. Santo, Brian; Robuck, Mike; Patterson, Traci; Kuhl, Craig // CED;Nov2009, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p30
The article reports that "TV Everywhere" has dominated the Cable-Tec Expo in Denver, Colorado. It notes that almost every company that provides on-demand content had jumped on the bandwagon, demonstrating how they are enabling TV Everywhere. Peter Stern, Time Warner Cable executive vice...
- 'Starting Over' With Broadbus. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p50
The article reports on the change made by Time Warner Cable Inc. to its "Start Over" video-on-demand (VOD) platform service in San Antonio, Texas. Time Warner Cable Inc. is scaling the amount of streams and ingest with the Start Over service. According to Justin Venech, the company's public...
- TVN partners it up. // CED;Jul2009, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the long-term agreement signed between Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) and TVN Entertainment Inc. concerning the use of TVN's video on demand (VOD) platform in the U.S. As part of the partnership agreement, TVN will offer its content delivery services and advanced asset...
- Executing the vision. // CED;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p50
Interviews Jim Ludington, Video-on-demand (VOD) pioneer and senior vice president of development and integration division of Time Warner Cable Inc. Factors influencing his decision to re-join Time Warner Cable; Views on trends that will drive VOD forward in 2004; Fondest memory of The Full...
- Time Warner does VOD indexing. // CED;May2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the plan of Time Warner Cable of Maine to test the indexing software from Gotuit Media Corp. that is designed to index video-on-demand content into easily navigable segments. Key features of Gotuit's indexing software; Gotuit technology's use of metadata to index recorded content.
- People Watch 10/16/12. // CT Reports;10/16/2012, p1
The article announces that Peter C. Stern has been appointed as chief people officer (CPO) and leader of corporate development at Time Warner Cable Inc.