For Nets, Nothing's Certain
- Cable Competition Waltzes Across Texas. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the competition among cable television networks in Texas. Participation of the Western Integrated Networks LLC, Grande Communications and WideOpen West (WOW) LLC franchises; Implications of the competition for the consumers; Details on the Forth Worth agreement with WOW; Preparation...
- Competing news services vie for station loyalty. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p44
Focuses on the strategies employed by cable television networks to succeed in a competitive TV market in the United States. Effect of the joint venture between ABC, CBS and Fox network on the insurance policy of Cable News Network (CNN); Launch of the CNN Marketsource, a live stock-market...
- Operator good will is the real prize. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p36
Announces that ZDTV, a computer oriented cable channel which will be launched in 1998, plans to sponsor the first competition to find the best Web site created by a cable operator in the United States. Winners to be honored at the 1997 Western Cable Show in California; Who will judge...
- Cable dodges rate regs. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;07/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the increasing cable rates in the United States (US). US House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce a bill intended to keep cable rates down; US Congress' effort to find a way to introduce competition into the cable industry.
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR8
Focuses on the competition between music cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic. Features of MuchMusic's upcoming program lineup in June 2001; Comparison on the number of their subscribers.
- Channel 5 plans screen jibe at ITV's early evening news. // Marketing Week;3/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the competition between television stations ITV and Channel 5 in Great Britain. Comparison of the early evening news of the television stations.
- Competition, Not Neutrality, Is Key. Kushnick, Bruce // Multichannel News;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p27
In this article the author discusses the increasing competition in various cable television networks in the U.S.
- CABLE RATINGS RISE. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/2/2003, Vol. 277 Issue 61, p5
Reports on the rise of cable rates in the U.S. Percentage of the increase of rates; Effects of the increased rates on subscribers; Status of competition in the video markets.
- PICTURE THIS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;9/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 9, p25
Comments on the need for telecommunication companies to develop viable video alternatives to cable television. Advantages of video alternatives; Competitiveness of cable television; Existence of competition among networks on video dominance.