Fox News 'Bucks' the Odds
- HBO enters a growing Korean cable market. Alford, Christopher // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the resurgence of the cable television industry in South Korea after the country's economic crisis in 1998. Launching of HBO Korea on October 2, 2000; Limitation on foreign investment in broadcasting; Penetration rates of cable televisions in affluent areas.
- Our Town. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p34
Emphasizes the advantages of regional cable news networks over local cable news networks. Proof that the demand for regional cable news network is growing; Overview of the situation at New York 1 News cable network; Discussion and analysis of the trend.
- Station Problems for Azteca. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the series of distribution setbacks encountered by Azteca America, a Hispanic television (TV) broadcast network, that could delay the network from getting on the air. Information on Azteca's agreement to acquire KXTX-TV in Dallas, Texas; Impact of Univision's acquisition of TV outlets...
- ASIA'S MTV KUDOS. Osborne, Magz // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plans of MTV Asia for its first pan-Asian kudocast in Singapore. What the kudos will include; One of the anchors of the program; Successful music awards in Asia.
- Hispanic Nets Heating. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9
Focuses on the competition between Univision and Telemundo, the cable television networks for Hispanic viewers. Increase in the prime-time Hispanic television audience of Telemundo; Changes in the television programming schedule of Univision.
- Nick to air in New Zealand. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/04/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 8, p102
Reports the scheduled launching of the children's channel Nickelodeon in New Zealand on February 1, 2000.
- Bravo doubles up on original programming. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/12/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the additional program series of Bravo cable arts network. Budget of the original series programming; Schedule of proposed miniseries and specials; Estimation of the total programming in a year.
- Looking to the frog. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p34
Focuses on the on-air campaign 'Watch The Frog' of WB network. Role of the cartoon character Michigan J. Frog on the success of WB; Theme of the campaign; Importance of campaign on perking the interest of viewers on the network.
- ORIGINAL APPROACH. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/19/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 56, p3
Reports on the reshuffling of the original-series schedule of Showtime. Commitment to 'Street Time'; Renewal of 'Soul Food' and 'Restaurant Blvd.'; Cancellation of the rookie series 'Going to California' and 'Leap Years.'
- Ops In No Rush to Replace CNN/SI. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p30
Presents the view of multiple-system operators on the replacement for the television network CNN/Sports Illustrated. Efforts of AOL Time Warner to inform the employees of the fate of the network; History of CNN/Sports Illustrated; Availability of the channel slot.