Troubleshooting Louver Dilemmas
- CECA: 'name and shame councils'. Pearman, Rose // Contract Journal;7/2/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6433, p2
Reports that the Civil Engineering Contractors' Association wanted its members to name councils that are guilty of siphoning transport funds to invest in areas such as health and education. Percentage of British local authorities that used their structural maintenance; Amount pledged by the...
- Engineers answer the call-up to the Gulf. // Professional Engineering;2/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
Cites the dispatch of engineers and maintenance personnel from the armed forces to the Gulf as part of the troop build-up for the impending war against Iraq. Announcement by the government of Great Britain to expand the presence of the Royal Air Force in the region; Provision of military strike...
- Repair Guidelines for Motors & Generators: What's in it for the end-user? Bishop, Tom // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jun2011, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the publication of the national standard for repair of motors and generators titled "ANSI/EASA AR100-2010: Recommended Practice for Repair of Rotating Electrical Apparatus" by the Electrical Apparatus Service Association (EASA) in the U.S. The said guidelines offer best...
- PE Readers eager to offer aid. // Professional Engineering;9/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p14
The article reports that EngineerAid, a charity, has been contacted by more than hundred engineers since an article on it appeared in an issue of the journal "Professional Engineering." The charity provides advice on technical matters in the developing countries. It needs a database of experts...
- Local America: Clinton, N.J. // American City & County;Jul94, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p21
Reports on route 78 section 2Y and 3R reconstruction project as a winner in the Asphalt Association annual awards in Clinton, New Jersey. Winner in the category of `Reconstruction of Resurfacing, One or More Lifts of Hot Mix Asphalt, Minimum 10,000 tons.'
- MAP approves brake, exhaust guidelines. // Aftermarket Business;07/01/94, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p27
Reports that inspection and service procedure guidelines for brake and exhaust system repair will be distributed to Maintenance Awareness Program (MAP) franchises beginning in 1995. Advantages provided by the guidelines; Service Provider Committee members; Contact information.
- New alliance still growing. // Tire Business;7/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p18
Reports the increase in the membership of the Alliance of Automotive Service Providers in Akron, Ohio.
- Preventive maintenance proposals. Ripps, Lewis // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Feb96, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the importance of preventive maintenance in maintenance and repair of roofing. Ultraviolet ray's impact on roofing surfaces; Instituting of a preventive maintenance program; Use of coating products manufactured by members of the Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association.
- National Ship Repair Coalition Targets Maintenance Backlog. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Nov2001, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p33
Focuses on the establishment of the National Ship Repair Coalition in Washington, D.C. List of its founding members; Goals of the coalition; Cost of ship-repair work in the United States Navy.