Future Bright for Green Industry
- Resources. // Environmental Design & Construction;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p108
Lists resources for environmental design and construction in the U.S and Canada. AIA Library and Archives; American Bamboo Society; Building Environmental Science and Technology; CTG Energetics Inc.; Canadian Wood Council; EnvironDesign; Engberg Anderson Design Partnership.
- CONSTRUCTION. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/25/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 40, p6
This section offers news briefs on the construction industry in Utah as of April 25, 2011 including the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate professional designation given to R&O Construction employees Mike Holland and Eric Stratford, a project to build the energy...
- New Developments in Energy Policy: The 2011 Georgia Residential Energy Code. Schwimmer, Abby // Atlanta Building News;Jan2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p13
The article discusses the residential energy code in Georgia, which is the newly implemented energy policy in the state based on the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) 2009 and additional state regulation. It says that the policy is applicable to all new and renovated buildings that...
- MOBILIZING ENERGY EFFICIENCY. Berle, Peter A.A. // Audubon;Mar1991, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p23
Calls on the U.S. government to develop a national energy policy. Commitments and objectives that need to be included in the energy policy; Enhancing the structure of the energy economy; Increase the fuel economy of cars; Stabilization of national electricity demand.
- Sustainable coatings curtail repair costs. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Jun2006, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p176
The article reports that sustainability is one useful tool that building owners and managers are all discovering to find ways to cover operating and capital expenses.
- High efficiency sales set to rocket. // Builders Merchants Journal;Oct2003, p36
Discusses the implications of Government's Energy White Paper for the future of condensing boilers in Great Britain. Publishing of Energy White Paper on February 24, 2003 to address the energy policies for the next two decades; Plans of White Paper to reduce the carbon emissions; Need for...
- BUSH ENERGY PLAN ON FRONT BURNER. Ichniowski, Tom; Cash, Catherine; Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/28/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the implementation of energy policies for the construction industry by President George W. Bush in the United States. Orders signed by Bush for energy related projects; Hearing schedules for the Senate Energy and the Natural Resources Committee; Challenges faced by the energy task force.
- California Revisited: Deregulation is Dead, Long Live Deregulation. Betz, Kenneth W. // Energy User News;Jul2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on a report issued by the Bay Area Economic Forum (BAEF) regarding the competition in energy market of California. Sponsors of the BAEF report; Plans to deregulate energy prices in the state; Approval of Energy Action Plan for the state by the California Public Utilities Commission.
- ONELINERS. // Environmental Design & Construction;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p8
Presents news briefs pertaining to environmental design and construction as of December 2003. Presentation of the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association's Harvel Smith Lifetime Achievement Award to Eric Schakel of Johns Manville; U.S. Green Building Council's announcement of three...