March Revenues Rise
- As Southwest Weighs Budget Cuts, Texas May be OK for Now. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31241, p35
Reports the budget cuts for the for fiscal year 2002 in Texas. Provision of conservative revenue collection estimates of lawmakers as a guide for the planning of the budget bill; Plan to roll-over funds from the year 2002-2003; Decrease in tax collection revenues.
- Getting in budget shape: Fiscal health of states improves for 2nd year. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;1/19/94, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p15
Reports on state spending and tax collection in the United States. States' improving budget conditions; Spending and tax collection performances; Alaska's decreased oil prices; Hawaii's decline in tourism.
- Calif. tax collections. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/11/2015, pA02
The article reports on the higher than expected tax collections of California in March 2015 which may boost efforts by advocates of safety net and universities to ease spending restraints.
- The Truth About Taxes and Economic Growth. // Challenge (05775132);Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p5
The article interviews tax expert and political centrist Joel Slemrod about the widespread conviction that low taxes generally mean rapid economic growth. There is a widespread belief among the public that low taxes generally mean rapid economic growth. One place to start is to look across...
- Dems taking care of business. Reynolds, Deborah // New Hampshire Business Review;8/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p18
The article reports on the developments of a pro-business agenda offered by the North American Equipment Upliftters Inc. in New Hampshire. It states that the agenda have opened a new plant that expanded the company's Hooksett-based business by taking advantage of the new Coos County tax credit....
- Testing Wagner's Law For The European Union Economies. Karagianni, Stella; Pempetzoglou, Maria; Strikou, Soultana // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p107
This paper examines the validity of Wagner's law in the EU-15 member-states for the time period 1949-1998. For investigating the existence of a long run and causal relationship between government expenditure and national income, three of the most advanced econometric methods, the Engle-Granger...
- WORLD BRIEFS. // Supply Management;3/18/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p12
The article offers world news briefs including the order to cut spending on goods and services in Eastern Cape, South Africa, the survey which reveals that U.S. economic activity continued to strengthen across all sectors, and the study which found that some biggest firms in the United Arab...
- Government waste stifles the world. Rahn, Richard W. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/17/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p2
The author discusses the decline of real global economic growth due to how spending by governments is growing faster than the private sector in much of the world.
- State needs leadership to make tough fiscal choices. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p16A
Reports the rippling effect of court-mandated property tax reassessment reform in Indiana. Impact of tax revenue to the economy; Proposal for tax changes; Decision of the General Assembly on tax collection and expenditures.